1. dealer replaced engine (1 reports)
  2. replace motor (1 reports)
2000 Honda Passport engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Passport:

2000 Honda Passport Owner Comments

Dec 122009

Passport LX/EX 3.2L V6

We were just driving down the road at about 50 mph and the car just died, wouldn't turn over or anything so we had it towed. All the engine components seemed to be fine so we assumed it was the timing belt. The next day we pulled the timing belt cover and the belt was fine but the engine seemed to be locked up. I couldn't figure out how it could of just locked up so I took it to a shop. The check engine light wasn't on or anything and the shop didn't know why it locked up. I called a honda dealer up and started talking to him about this problem and he said "Yeah, if those motors don't warm up long enough the oil want go down into the pan which can cause them to seize up." I couldn't believe it, who would design a motor like that. I started looking up recalls on it and still can't find a single one! Was a great vehicle other than the motor seizing up in the cold.

- , Axtell, KS, USA

Mar 152004

Passport LX

First, I wrecked my car in early January. Before that, I had the engine light come on, a broken seal fixed and loss of oil. (I have heard that Passports consume 1 qt for every 1000 miles regularly). Today as I was driving down the road, the RPM's shot up to 7500 and wouln't stop - even when I put the car in neutral. The problem that I have found with this car is that it is VERY hard to find the problem and you must be extremely persistant. My dealer can't find what went wrong!

- , Erie, CO, USA