2003 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Nov 282005

For over a year, I have been reporting break failure to the dealership. I explained that when I try to stop while going over a bump at 25 mph or less, the breaks fail and the ABS does not kick in, I.e. the car fails to stop. The dealership said that they could not replicate the problem and therefore, there was no problem with the car. This morning I went over a bump at about 22 mph, tried to stop the car as I was going over the bump because there was a car stopped about 150-200 feet in front of me. The breaks failed or locked and the ABS never kicked in. I rapidly slid into the car in front of me causing extensive damage to my car.

- Potomac, MD, USA

Jun 302005

Pilot 4WD 6-cyl

The consumer complained about a brake problem. A squeaking noise was coming from the brakes. After this happened the consumer stated that the steering wheel shook. This problem started near the end of June of 2005. Dealership stated that this vehicle was not covered under warranty and would not inspect the vehicle.

- Cypress, CA, USA

Feb 132003

The anti-lock brake system locked up, which caused the vehicle to experience extended stopping distance.

- Tucson, AZ, USA