2003 Honda Pilot lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Nov 092006

My wife and I own a 2003 Honda Pilot. On the evening of 11/09/06 she was attending an event. When she started up the truck she could not get it out of park. After turning off the car and turning it back on a couple of times somehow she was able to get it into drive. This happened again later on when she dropped off a friend and left the car in park while she let her friend out. She tried the same tactic as before and after a few times she was able to get it out of park. When she returned home she told me of the problem. I went to the garage and started the truck up and the same thing happened to me. I began to pump the brakes and noticed that the brake lights were not functioning properly and that when they came on I was able to take it out of park. There was no hazard light of any kind to inform us of this malfunction and that it was tied to the brake lights. My wife drove over 60 miles that evening and may or may not have had her brake lights working. I took it to a Honda dealership the next day and they replaced a switch, fp # 5615215, description sw.stop 36750-S84.

- Katy, TX, USA