4.5

2003 Honda Pilot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 182006

Pilot 6-cyl

Driving my 2003 Honda Pilot with approx 40K miles. Was driving at highway speeds when I heard a single thump. Looked in the rearview mirror and saw a tire bouncing 20-30 feet in the air with cars behind me on the highway swerving wildly to avoid the tire. It bounced 3-4 times and then went off the highway into a ravine. I pulled off the highway and found that my spare tire had broken free and dropped onto the highway. I had to sit for 15 minutes because I was so shaken thinking that it could have caused a major highway accident. The spare had never been used or lowered from the car. Dealer reported that the steel lift cable had just broken.

- Yarmouth, ME, USA

Nov 012004

Pilot

The consumer received a recall for an air bag adjustment.

- Bastrop, LA, USA