2003 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 062003

Pilot 4WD 6-cyl

While traveling 50 mph another driver turned in front of my Pilot without signaling. The whole right front of my vehicle was pushed in. The problem was that the air bags didn't deploy and according to witnesses the seat belt didn't lock. As a result I bounced off steering wheel twice. 2 days later I received a recall notice from Honda saying that air bags are not deploying or deploying late. I believe that my injuries would have been less severe had the air bags deployed and/or the seat belt locked.

- Lakeland, MI, USA