2003 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Pilot:

2003 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

May 052003

Pilot 6-cyl

2003 Honda Pilot center seating position 2nd & 3rd row. Seat belt system does not fit adult ( in my experience, 1 woman 5'8" and 1 woman 5'10") or child in a booster seat (both highback and evenflo right fit booster) properly. Shoulder straps cut across neck just under jaw bone. Shoulder strap is not able to be positioned at center of collar bone and in some cases does not even make contact with collar bone (child in evenflo right fit booster). My concern is that if the seat belt does not fit properly occupants will put seat belt behind back or under the arm. I am a cps technician and purchased this vehicle a few weeks ago, not realizing this situation. I had only checked the installation of a britax super elite in the center seating position before buying the vehicle.

- Birmingham, AL, USA