6.0

1. have to replace interior door handle (3 reports)
  3. i reported this problem to honda canada via email. they ins (1 reports)
2004 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jun 152010

Pilot

Chrome peeling is very sharp, myself and others have cut fingers on it. Have mostly peeled it off the front handles.

- , Nevada, MO, USA

Dec 062012

Pilot EX-L

This is a common occurrence and should be covered by a recall!

- , Eagan, MN, USA

Apr 272012

Pilot EX 3.5L V6

Peeling chrome on door handle cut my finger badly. Should not happen & the repair should be covered by Honda under a recall.

- , Montreal, QC, canada

Sep 022010

Pilot EXL

Chrome peeling off of the right rear passenger interior door handle. Pretty low quality for a Honda Pilot... wouldn't expect that.

- , Pulaski, VA, USA

Nov 032008

Pilot EXL/4door 3.5L

We have notified Honda House in Chatham, Ont. and were told that it is not a recall item so we would have to purchase the handle ourselves which adds up to $200.00 because all have to be replaced. We called the Honda company to see if they would do something and we were told the same thing. We went to different car companys to see if they had the same problem and the Hyundai company said that they did have some problems with there door handles and replaced them at no cost to the owner. I thought the Honda company was supposed to be the better company but I guess not, the next time we purchase a vehicle it will be an Hyundai I think at least they seem to care about having a good name for their customers.

- , Chatham, Ontario, Canada

Oct 302009

Pilot EX 3.2L V6

The chrome metal film that covers the interior door release handles has peeled off the passenger side handle, apparently for no reason. I've noticed it is also a safety issue, because it was sharp and flaked off, like thin sheet metal or like a razor blade. The only cause I could think of why this happened is that over time, heat/sun exposure could have broken down the adhesive and it eventually cracked and peeled off. I was surprised to see other complaints online, so I'm counting myself in on this one. I think Honda should replace even if out of warranty. It's poor craftsmanship/quality part. Not sure how much it costs, but probably not cheap.

- , Amesbury, MA, USA