2004 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Nov 232004

Pilot 4WD 6-cyl

My question is " why would a car manufacture install seat beats anchors in a over lapping fashion?" I have a 2004 Honda Pilot and I notice that the seat belts anchors for the third row seat ( middle & driver seat passenger) over lap each other, but in the second row seats they don't over lap. I took my Pilot to a Honda service center and I was told that it was done to create more space for the third row passengers and it was not a flaw design. This appears to be out of the normal installation for seat belt anchors.

- Sicklerville, NJ, USA