2004 Honda Pilot engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 222014

Pilot LX V6

Problem began with a chugging into 3rd gear around 35 mph. After several weeks and several trips to various mechanics, engine/transmission, and no problems found, although I did get a complete tune up and my transmission fluid flushed/replaced. Finally, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp comes on and the problem is diagnosed by Honda as a bad gas cap. Thought they replaced it, they screwed it back on, evidently because the light comes on again 3 weeks later. But the chugging did not come back. This time, it is accompanied by "maintenance required light". And the sound under my hood, front right/passenger side, sounds like marbles hitting my hood from underneath.

On my way to AutoZone to have the coolant checked. I am so over this nightmare. I worry that I am going to destroy my engine before they figure this out.

- , Kettering, OH, USA