2004 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Mar 292007

Pilot 4WD 6-cyl

On evening of 3-25-07, airbag light came on. 3-27-07, went to dealer -computer out. Part ordered-to be in 3/29. Come pick up car. Did so - drove in fear. 3/29- part not in until 4/3. told no rental car as car is drivable (under warranty). Called national/zone - agreed with this. Told car is drivable. Would not tell me car is safe but that is Honda's policy. That if the car is drivable - they do not give a rental. So- to me - Honda is saying my life and that of my family is not their problem and it's up to me to get a rental. The car is drivable but not safe and possibly dangerous. I am the medical provider for a large brain injury rehab facility. I don't want to have more clients due to Honda's policy!!! if the car is unsafe or dangerous - it is not drivable!!!! a rental car should be supplied. I would like to see Honda held accountable for their policy and feel that it goes against NHTSA beliefs. Airbags are their for a reason but Honda doesn't feel they are necessary.

- San Marcos, TX, USA

Jun 072005

Pilot 4WD 6-cyl

The air bags failed to work when the car impacted a vehicle head-on. The air bag failed a 2nd time when the vehicle was impacted in the rear bumper. The speed of the vehicle in the rear was going aproximately 50mph. The children in the rea seating had very soar necks for a week. I bought the car with the understanding the vehicle was a safe vehicle. I had four children in the vehicle. When I talked to the Honda mechanic, he explained to me that because I was in the middle of two cars the air bag computer system was confused on where to send the air... I think that is wrong! there should be a signal that when confused on where to go, set all of the airbags off. By not sending any off, it indangered my family... please reconsider the five star rating you give a false impression.

- Fountain, CO, USA

Mar 142005

Pilot 6-cyl

After noticing the seatbelt/airbag warning light was on, I arranged to have it checked by the dealer, ken dixon Honda of waldorf, md. I also requested an oil change. When I droped the car off, the gentleman asked if I was there for an oil change. I said yes but I was really there to have the seatbelt/airbag system checked and the light reset. He asked if I wanted my car washed; it was free. Half way home, (I live one hour away) I realized the warning light was still on. The next day, Friday, we drove to Georgia. On our way home, we rolled three times in our Honda Pilot. None of the airbags opened. Although we walked away, we suffered head and neck injuries, none of which were life threatening. I would like to know if they should have deployed. Could you please let me know where to go and how I should respond. Thank you.

- Valley Lee, MD, USA

Jul 192004

Pilot

Air bag system kept disabling by itself, and there was no way to reset it unless taken to the dealer. Consumer took vehicle to the dealer 3 times, and each time it took days before consumer had vehicle returned.

- Shepherdstown, WV, USA