6.7

2004 Honda Pilot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Pilot:

2004 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 012004

Pilot 6-cyl

Steering wheel shake. Bounces in hand. Cabin noise/vibration.

- Maumee, OH, USA

Aug 132005

Pilot 6-cyl

I am the original owner of a 2004 Honda Pilot. We were driving down the highway about 65 mph and had what we thought was a blowout. Huge bang and thud. We went to put the spare on and saw that the rim had split in two right down the center groove, with two fist size holes on each side. The dealer said I must have hit something big, but I was in the car and know that we didn't. dealer said that he would cover it just this once and put a new rim and two new tires on the car. Dealer said that he was sending the rim back to Honda. Dealer said he had never seen anything like it in the 25 years of working with cars. I have never heard of a rim splitting in two and I know that if I was driving there would have been an accident.

- Corning, NY, USA