CarComplaints.com Notes: We all want our SUVs to be able to stop on a dime, just not randomly and without warning. But that's what was happening to 2005 Pilot owners: their vehicles were slamming on the brakes even when they didn't. A government investigation of this problem led to a recall in March of 2013.

Another issue that keeps popping up is transmission fluid mixing with coolant in the radiator which is causing transmission failure, a costly repair to say the least.

6.0

2005 Honda Pilot transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda Pilot:

2005 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jun 282013

Pilot LX V6

i was driving my honda pilot today and as driving at speeds between 55-65 it felt like it was hard shifting ..(automatic vehicle)..so noticeable i tried to maintain a lower speed at 55 on a free way as i had an hr to make it home didnt want it to shift to much ..

got home and noticed a leak after it had been setting in my driveway for about an hr

this is a common problem just depends when it happens to your 05 honda pilot ..honda needs fix on their dime

- , Fayetteville, NC, USA

Jul 092009

Pilot LX V6

I took it to the dealership today to see about the flashing "D" light. Although they have identified over 1,000,000, Yr. 2003-2004 Pilots with a transmission problem, they acted like they were totally unaware of such issues. Then to add injury to insult they told me that the transmission is only covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles. My car is 4 years old and has 70,000 miles. Now that is a lousy warranty. What happened to that Honda quality that lead me to purchase my fourth Honda? Don't tell me they are going the way of the U.S. automakers.

- , Castro Valley, CA, USA