2006 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Pilot:

2006 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

May 142011

I installed my radian80sl rearfacing with latch two days ago -- I am aware of the problems it's been having in certain vehicles so I was extremely cautious to check that it went in tightly, the superlatch strap was not loosening, the adjuster was not on the edge of the belt path, the tab was not easy to push down, etc. The strap was completely tight and I felt I had a vehicle that was free of problems, so I went ahead and used it that way. (I typically use a seatbelt install in a different seating position, but the latch install is easier.) two children have ridden in the seat since then -- 34 & 36lbs -- without incident. Today I went to remove the seat, and noted that the superlatch strap was loose. I would guess there was about an inch between the radian itself and the latch adjustor. I do have a photograph if NHTSA would like to see the exact extent of the loosening. I have not yet contacted sunshine kids but will do so shortly. I will also be installing solely with the seatbelt from here on out. (related vehicle information: Model year=2006, make=Honda, model=Pilot).

- Columbus, OH, USA