2006 Honda Pilot exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Pilot:

2006 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

May 242008

The check engine light kept coming on in my 2006 Honda Pilot. I took the car into the dealership three times for the same problem. The first time I took the vehicle in I was told that all six cylinders were misfiring and that there was a service bulletin on the rear rocker arms and all related parts, which were replaced. The second time I was told that the all cylinders were misfiring and a reset code was completed crank pattern reset and learn were performed. The third time I was told that all cylinders were misfiring and that I needed to switch to using chevron gasoline only. The fourth time the light came on I contacted american Honda in California. My vehicle has been in the repair at willette Honda South since August 19, 2008. I keep getting a different explanation from Honda what is wrong with the vehicle. I was told that the head gaskets, cooling gaskets and injectors had to be replaced. Today (9/4/08), I was told that the pistons had to be adjusted.

- Decatur, GA, USA