8.1

1. have to have regulator replaced (24 reports)
2006 Honda Pilot windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Pilot:

2006 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 092014

Pilot XL V6

Seems like a such a common problem that Honda would recognize they should fix it for free or reduced cost.

- , Newbry Park, CA, USA

Aug 012014

Pilot EX 3.2L

Just driving down the road in 100 degree plus North TX weather and the window falls down, the left passenger window. Wife has driven Pilot for over 6 years, no children; don't recall if window has ever been rolled down.

Dealer wanted over $400, when I explained as to how many Hondas, service, etc. that I have had, they gave me a discount to $300!!!!! Obviously it only took about 30 minutes, but they charge what the book says to charge. I actually watched him.........nothing to it!

This is not typical Honda. My problem is that I live in a small rural town with no dealer and have to travel to a dealer for this trivial, expensive issue!

I drive an 06 Toyota Highlander, same color almost same miles, use windows all the time; has had to issues. I did replace the timing belt on Toyota, they actually gave me a courtesy car to drive without me asking and charged less than anyone in my area!

I asked the Honda dealer about timing belt on Pilot; FYI it was twice as much, asked about a courtesy car and they told me "they didn't rent cars".

Believe it or not I will be having my Honda Pilot timing belt, water pump, etc., done at the Toyota Dealer; already got the quote (with a courtesy car). No more Honda Dealers for me.

In fact, I am thinking about trading my Honda for a Toyota just for the service prices at the dealer/

Have owned Hondas since 1979 and they have gotten worse each year; they truly should be call Stealerships!!!! As we all know there isn't that much goes wrong with a Honda, but this 06 with low miles has been handled with "kid gloves"....it is also making a loud roar when idling now for some reason.

I hate the thought of even going to a Dealer, actually hurts my stomach; they are always nice and professional, but you would think that we are driving a Bentley with their shop prices!!!!

- , Sulphur Springs, TX, USA

May 312014

Pilot

What is most annoying about this defect is that not only does Honda charge you for it, but they jack up the cost to fix it. The really cheap part that after market is $25 is $250 when sold to you by Honda. So not only is there a defect, but they jack up the cost and make tons of money off their customers. Does not make me feel good to be a Honda customer. Now a second window within two weeks is going to cost me.

I read online it happens to all four windows overtime in some cases. Time to stop using the windows in your Honda. What an excellent feature.

- , San Jose, CA, USA

Mar 202014

Pilot EX

This is the 4th one I replaced. 2 in the last 2 years. Every door window has had a failure. Honda claims it happens and it costs me $250-350 out of pocket. We barely open our windows with the exception of the drivers side.

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Mar 202012

Pilot LX V6

The passenger rear window suddenly stopped rolling up all the way. There was no incident that caused it other than trying to roll it up. You could hear the regulator trying, but the window would slip down about 3-4 inches.

Thinking that this was a DIY job, I pulled the regulator out. Sure enough, one of the plastic pieces on the regulator was broken. What to do now? Even though the car has 105K miles on it, I still think that these regulators are borderline recall items based on the history of complaints. I'd do the labor if Honda comped me the part...

- , Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 142013

Pilot EXL

I purchased my 2006 Honda Pilot in February 2006. It only has a little over 35,500 miles. The problem is this: the truck was parked on Thursday, July 11th and not used again until Sunday the 14th. That's when I found that the back passenger window was down. I attempted to raise it by using the control panel on the driver's door and nothing happened. When I tried to raise it from the switch on that window's door, there was a clicking sound from inside the door. After looking on the internet for what could have caused the problem is when I came across this site. Although the number of complaints here are not astronomical, I agree that there has to be a serious problem with the regulators on the windows of the Pilots. American Honda should have a program to reimburse us for a portion, if not all of the cost for repair of the regulators.

A formal complaint has been filed with American Honda and I will update my comments when, and if they do anything about the ongoing problem regarding the windows in the Pilot.

- , Tallahassee, FL, USA

Jul 172013

Pilot EX 3.2L V6

WTF ? This is the 4th window in 6 years. This should not be happening at all. I am so sick and tired of them not dealing with it. It seems to be a problem right out of the manufacture. Yet, this stuff starts to happen after the warranties are up.

- , Bakersfield, CA, USA

Sep 192011

Pilot

While my vehicle was parked in my driveway, the passenger side window fell down during the night. The regulator had to be replaced. This is the third window. Luck was with me that the weather was mild and I didn't t end up with interior damage and no one tried to get into the vehicle. Security is not easy to have when things like this can happen at any time and so often.

Apr 022010

Pilot

Both of the back seat windows fell down within minutes of each other. As it is only my wife and me, these windows don't get that much use. Being they failed at the same time leads me to believe there was a problem during construction or installation of the regulators. Otherwise there is a design flaw. This is a very expensive fix.

May 082013

Pilot

This is the second time the driver's side back window regulator has failed. The back windows are rarely operated, so the failure is not caused by use. This window fell down while the vehicle was parked for two weeks on my driveway and hadn't been moved. There is a design flaw in my opinion. It is a bad situation as far as keeping the weather out and for security.

Jul 082012

Pilot

This is the 3rd time I am replacing the window regulator on my Pilot. The first time was a year ago. The drivers window just would not roll, up...so we tried to roll it down and then back up, but it never came back up. Then about 6 months later, in one of the worst times possible (new born baby). The passenger window would not roll up, as a matter of fact it fell down and did not come back up. Both times it cost us about 280 to fix. Now the back right window just fell...should I prepare for the other one to come down in six months? Also the stupid air side bag light does not know whether to come on or stay off...someone should really check this out!

- , Melbourne, FL, USA

Mar 062008

Pilot

In Sept of 2008 I had to replace the window regulator in my honda pilot at a cost of $218.02 out of pocket. This was the first of four times I have had to do this!! Anyone have any luck with Honda in resolving this?

- , Micco, FL, USA

Sep 092011

Pilot EX-L Navi V6

I called Honda Customer Care and reported exactly what happened:

While pulling into the garage, there was a loud THUNK. When we turned around to investigate the noise, we saw that the rear passenger window was all the way down - INSIDE THE DOOR. It would not roll up.

Honda Customer Care Response:

This is NOT a reported issue in the database system; therefore, there is NO recall for this issue.

Take to dealer for diagnostic. If they conclude that it is defective part versus owner negligence, Honda will determine possible financial assistance.

I was given a case number and told to make an appointment with the dealer for the diagnostic as soon as possible, and to call Customer Care back with the diagnostic findings and that a case worker will get back to me with their determination within 24 - 48 hours.

Appointment is for tomorrow afternoon. I will update as things progress.

By The Way - to all of you people reading this - CALL HONDA AND REPORT THIS ISSUE AND GET A CASE NUMBER AND THEN COME HERE AND WRITE ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE. In this instance SILENCE IS NOT GOLDEN.

Update from Dec 19, 2011: Contacted Honda Care. They told me to contact the dealer for a diagnosis (cable had snapped), then contact them back for possible partial coverage.

Our dealer took care of everything - contacted the regional service manager - and coordinated payment with Honda Care...total cost for repair $460 - our share was only $100.

Moral to this story is CALL HONDA CARE AND FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT SO THEY HAVE RECORDS OF STUFF BREAKING. :-)

- , Upland, CA, USA

Jul 142011

Pilot ES 3.2L V6

I M SO DISAPPOINTED WITH HONDA THAT THEY SEEM TO IGNORE THIS VERY DISTURBING ISSUE. THEY SHOULD DO SOMETHING SINCE ITS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM AND PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING. I ALWAYS THOUGHT THEY WERE THE BEST AT SOME POINT BUT THEY SUCK !

- , Fort Worth, TX, USA

Aug 192011

Pilot 3.5L Vtec 6

I am sick and tired of the run around from Honda saying there is no excessive problem with the window regulators in the 2006 Honda Pilot. I first had the LR window regulator fail and the window fell down into the door ( small plastic guide broke ) at a cost of about $350. Then the LF window dropped down into the door. That was another $350. About 2 months later, the same window stopped working in either direction. I took the vehicle back to the dealer and they said the window regulator was defective and replaced it at no charge. Just three weeks ago the LR window fell down in the door for a second time and cost me about $300 (got a small measly discount). Then, on Friday, August 19, 2011, only 3 weeks after the last failure, while on vacation in Laughlin, Nevada I had just fill up with gas and heard a loud thud. This time it was the RR window that had fallen down in the rear door. I had to tape cardboard in the back window and risk someone breaking into my car until I got back home this weekend.....This my friends is the fifth time I will have my window regulator replaced by Honda---1 defective regulator and 4 broken plastic guides that caused the window regulator failures. I will be in the Honda Dealership tomorrow to fight with them and will raise holy hell if they do not repair this one at no cost to me..I also fear I have one more window that has not yet failed. I'll cross that bridge when (not if ) it comes. This surely is a class actionable failure and an attorney should be brought on board to fight for our rights.

- , San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Jul 062011

Pilot

What the hell this is bull sh*t. I can't even go to the store. I need help!!!!!!!!

- , Victorville, CA, USA

Mar 282011

Pilot EX

It just seems like this is a very common problem and I don't understand why it costs so much to have fixed. I called Honda Customer Care and cannot get them to call me back in a timely manner. The representative acted suprised that I had it fixed already! I am expected to drive around town with the window open and leave it out parked where anyone can get into it? Was I suppose to pay to rent a car I would be safer in and keep mine garaged? As a single woman living in a city, I bought my car for safety and I feel like honda feels this is just an annoyance issue and not a SAFETY issue. The dealership acted annoyed that I had called customer care and I cannot get my "case worker" to even call me back. It looks like I am just out $377 to replace a part on a window I never use. NICE!

- , Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 212010

Pilot

My rear window passenger side regulator is not working. I dropped my son to school, rolled the window down since them it does not work.

- , West Park, FL, USA

Mar 152011

Pilot LX V6

My driver side, rear window fell down into the car with a loud bang!

The dealer says they can't cover it and Honda corporation is saying they can't help.

There are so many problems with this on the web that you would think a class action suit is in order.

- , West Hills, CA, USA

Feb 122011

Pilot EX V6

This is twice this has happened to my car, the first time was terrible as my infant son was in the back seat and it was his window, i had it rolled down a bit for him to get some air and i hear this huge thunk, i look back and the window is all the way down. i could not get it back up, then this past weekend the other rear window did the same thing. It is not like a Honda is cheap car nor is the car that old.

- , Blair, SC, USA