1.3

2007 Honda Pilot fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Pilot:

2007 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 202015

Pilot 6-cyl

In 2009 I had a spark plug blow out of the housing and I lost pressure. Tried to change plugs to be able to drive to dealership. Car was towed to Honda and top manifold was replaced and I was charged $3500. Since these were the original oem plugs it was not time to change them. Honda was contacted and they offered to pay half. I have had nothing but problems with this car since. Car was maintained regularly and had reg oil changes. There have been many diagnostics performed and it would say that car was misfiring on all cylinders. I have had the pistons repaired elsewhere even though Honda said it was fixed. Three weeks ago my check engine light came on, then the vsa and warning triangle came on and I lost power. Took it and the diagnosis is as follows: Damaged lifter from low oil pressure, vtec solenoid replacement, corrected oil pressure issues, still getting bleed-back from one lifter. TS1145 variable camshaft timing solenoid, remove and replace variable valve timing solenoid. This cost $736. What has to be done to fix this recurring problem. I am on a small fixed income and you would think if you buy a $30,000 car new you should count on dependability. For heaven's sake, "it's a Honda".

- Florence, SC, USA