2007 Honda Pilot lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Pilot:

2007 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jan 032014

The bulbs for the climate control buttons prematurely burnt off. Cannot see the buttons when driving at night.

- Flushing, NY, USA

Mar 312015

Pilot 6-cyl

Very frequent burn-out of low-beam head-lamps (2-3 times per year). Multiple complaints about issue on internet.

- Yelm, WA, USA

Dec 242014

Pilot 6-cyl

While driving with headlights on during daylight hours, we noticed a burning smell as we arrived at our destination. It was dark when we returned home and the headlights seemed very dim when using low beams. We were in a very rural area and able to use high beams for most of the trip. When switching to low beams due to oncoming traffic, I had difficulty seeing the road. When we reached the highway and had to use low beams more, it was obvious something was wrong. I used high beams as much as possible. At one point, I switched to low beams as a car passed me. The lights were dim again but suddenly brightened up a second after switching to low beams (possibly due to a bump in the road?) and I realized we had been driving with only fog lights for the past 30 minutes. Without the fog lights, we definitely would have crashed when we dimmed our high beams on the rural roads earlier in the trip. The following day, I turned on the headlights and the low beams were not working. Tapping on the lens sometimes temporarily fixes the problem, so the burning smell may not have been connected to the loss of lights. The sudden onset of this problem is a major safety hazard and seems very similar to the problem experienced with headlights in several other models, including 2003-2005 Pilot. The previous recall (NHTSA action number : EA11012 NHTSA recall campaign number : 12V136000) was specific to 2 bulb systems. The 2007 Pilot uses a 4 bulb system, but the problem seems similar and I don't have access to any technical information that would explain why the 4 bulb system is immune to the problem. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Aug 142012

Most of the climate control lights on my 2007 Honda Pilot have been out for a while. I bought this vehicle new and have taken excellent care of it; no wrecks, etc. The climate control lights continue to go out a few at a time. This causes night driving to be dangerous due to being unable to adjust anything with a quick glance. I've actually had to turn on the overhead light to see which button to push. Obviously, this takes my attention from the road, causing distracted driving. I've researched and found that this seems to be a common problem with Honda Pilot. It's hard for me to believe that such a wonderful vehicle and company would have sub par parts or a problem that causes this to happen. I've had other cars (much older models) that have never had an interior light go out. I'd just like to know if there is any way that I can remedy this situation. I plan on keeping this Pilot for many more years and would like to be safe when driving. Thank you for any help or advice.

- Mcdonald, TN, USA

Jul 012014

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 35 mph, the low beam headlights failed without warning and failed to reactivate. The contact stated that no warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The dealer was not made aware of the problem. The manufacturer was notified of problem and informed the contact to take vehicle into dealer for diagnosis testing. The failure mileage was 25,000.

- Okemos, MI, USA

Mar 182009

We bought my 2007 Honda Pilot ex-L in 2009. Soon after purchasing we noticed interior lighting issues. Specifically, the lights for the buttons in the ac head unit are all out. In addition, the dome light works sometimes and not others. Everything else works just fine on the vehicle. I have read numerous complaints on forums from others on this issue and feel it is a manufacturer defect as the interior lights typically last many many years on most vehicles.

- Southaven, MS, USA