2007 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Pilot:

2007 Honda Pilot Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 292015

Pilot 6-cyl

I am very upset and disgusted with the safety of the vehicles customers are allowed to drive while companies including this complaint website is aware and not too concerned to take action. I was told that the airbags are on back order not just by Honda but also on our Dodge vehicle. So many families are expected to drive a vehicle and risk their lives daily and companies feel they are covered because they warned us with a recall, this is unacceptable that we are warned but there is nothing that can be done to fix the problems until the back order is current and we receive a call back!!!!! if there is a faulty vehicle the customer should either be able to turn in the vehicle and be freed of their loans so they can go somewhere else to purchase one with some type of credit (that is safe), receive a loaner vehicle until the problem is fixed or given another vehicle as a swap. How can you blame other countries for trying to kill americans when it is happening within our own country-how can someone sleep at night knowing so many people are driving unsafe vehicles. 1 life is too many, how many other lives are you willing to risk before you make them do something so people are safe. I expect a reply as soon as possible since this is a complaint process. Thank you,

- San Bernardino, CA, USA

Mar 042015

Thank you NHTSA for your "recalls look-up by VIN? feature it may have saved my life during March 2015 purchase of a Honda Pilot 2007. My complaint addresses how american Honda and an independent dealer may be the tip of a growing "recall safety issue." First, parts for a fatality recall since September 2014 are on back-order and; the dealer?S customer-service representative treated the issue as a "used car" buyer?S problem. The dealer?S service representative stated: Well, the recall has been going on since October 2014! as noted above, I did not purchase the vehicle until March 2015. I had no knowledge of the recall until I read a recent article in consumer reports. In addition, american Honda"S customer-service representatives "ultimely" support the dealers position not the consumer. In closing, "used car consumers beware" and; realize independent auto dealers and american Honda have no responsibility to inform you of recalls or address additional concerns you may have regarding your newly purchased "used vehicle." This excerpt is from NHTSA for Honda Pilot 2007; "consequence: In the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver side frontal air bag, the inflator could rupture with metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the vehicle occupants. Owners of vehicles in Florida, puerto rico, Hawaii, Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas, and the U.S. virgin islands, were notified on or about September 2014."

- Valdosta, GA, USA

Sep 112014

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Honokaa, HI, USA

Feb 092015

Pilot 6-cyl

Honda dealers are unable to replace fatally defective airbags due to lack of replacement parts. I attempted to schedule recall repair and was told it could be months until parts are available.

- Goliad, TX, USA

Oct 242014

TL- the contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact stated his VIN was not affected by NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) because the contact lives in North Carolina. The contact does not feel comfortable being that he lives in close proximity to the affected vehicles. Both dealer and manufacturer have been made aware of the contacts concerns. The vehicle was no repaired. The vehicle was 83,789.

- Pilot Mountian, NC, USA

Oct 292014

Pilot 6-cyl

My Honda Pilot is on your list for recall due to faulty and deadly airbags. However Honda has still not put my car on their recall list. According to national and local (boston) news stations it is because we don't live in an area that has a warm/hot climate most of the time. Having lived in both Florida and boston - it gets just as hot here in the summer. As a government Agency in charge of looking after our safety issues. Why is it you haven't made Honda recall all of the vehicles on your list - picking & choosing who you protect? I am completing this form in the hope that I can file this complaint. Tried end of last week and earlier this week only to find site wasn't functioning. You finally fixed the VIN site, hope this one is fixed.

- Attleboro , MA, USA

Oct 272014

My complaint is that a review of high humidity states some are not listed.... Arkansas my state, has higher humidity than Florida or Louisiana I do not feel comfortable having Honda self pick what states are high in humidity..... some body please explain"??" am I supposed to wear a football helmet when I drive my Honda!!!!!! a concerned Honda purchaser for over 25 years.

- Ft Smith, AR, USA

Oct 242014

Pilot 6-cyl

Air bags of 2007 Honda Pilot, along with millions of other cars, have been recalled. There has been articles stating that it only affects cars in high humid and/or hot states. My VIN # does not bring a recall up but it is a 2007 Honda Pilot. If I do a search of 2007 Honda Pilot, the car comes up as airbag recall. Maybe this is because I'm in nc and it is not considered a high humidity state"?" how can it be determined that my vehicle is safe and another one is not safe. I will not feel safe until my airbags are replaced but the dealership says there is no recall. I think about it every time I drive and especially when I am carrying my grandchildren or other passengers.

- Mocksville, NC, USA

Oct 032014

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact was concerned that the recall for NHTSA campaign number: 14V351000 (air bags) was not open to residents whose vehicles were registered in North Carolina. The contact did not disclose if there was a failure with the vehicle.

- Pilot Mountian , NC, USA

Sep 252014

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign id number: 14V351000 (air bags) however, the parts needed were not available for the repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cooper City , FL, USA

Aug 262014

The 2007 Honda Pilot is included in a list of Honda vehicles as part of your recall #14V-35 dated 6/19/2014. Today I contacted american Honda customer service and they verified that the VIN of my 2007 Pilot is included in the recall. I was informed that the company has not yet sent owners a recall notice and they have no schedule yet to get the appropriate parts to the dealers. What really disturbs me is, the spokesperson confirmed this is a safety issue and if we chose to continue to drive the vehicle, we must drive with extreme caution, as front passengers could be seriously hurt in a frontal collision. American Honda is not giving us a choice but a sentence. We must drive it as it is the only vehicle available for work commuting, and visiting sick family up-state. So we continue to drive a defective vehicle, knowing that possibly, through no fault of our own, the driver and front passenger could be seriously injured. There must be thousands of other people who are also in the same position within the scope of this recall. NHTSA must put major pressure on american Honda to fix these vehicles before we or someone else is seriously injured.

- Apopka, FL, USA

Aug 082013

Pilot 6-cyl

We experienced a burning odor in the car cab, the air bag indicator lit and the A/C temperature rose to the outside air level. When taken to my car tech, he found that there was a fire on the right cabin wiring harness near where the harness enters the cabin. This fire burnt up all the wiring for several feet and disabled the A/C, front lights and air bag systems. If we had not caught this issue when we did, the engine could have had a fire even when not driving (I.e. in the garage at night). Our repairman also remarked that the airbags could have deployed at anytime when on the road. Obviously serious injury could have occurred! this was determined to be caused by a factory defect in manufacture. This problem was caused because the area of the engine where the wires passed through had rough edges resulting in wire fatigue and damage to the wire harness.

- Logan, UT, USA

Nov 012012

Pilot 6-cyl

SRS indicator illuminates periodically for no obvious reason. Dealership read code 92-20 open/short in passenger airbag cutoff circuit; stated could be interference with ac inverter but don't use that in vehicle; did not attempt to fix the problem, sent me back home to monitor if it happened again. With nothing in passenger seat, SRS illuminates as well as with items in seat. As of 11/26/12, illuminated steadily for multiple trips (usually does not illuminate on every road trip). Honda defaults to no airbag deployment if SRS indicator is illuminated, so I am driving with no active airbags and two children with me in the car.

- Bristow, VA, USA

Jan 012012

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that whenever the vehicle was started, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to a mechanic or the dealer for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileages were 74,400. The VIN was unavailable.

- San Rafael, CA, USA

Dec 142010

Pilot 6-cyl

SRS (airbag malfunction) red light came on 2007 Honda Pilot ex for no apparent reason. The SRS red light stays on while driving. Vehicle age only 3 years old with zero accident history. Worried about so called "Honda reliability". this is a safety issue no doubt.

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA