2008 Honda Pilot seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Pilot:

2008 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 262010

I was turning right off of an access road and was behind a GMC Yukon. The Yukon began to move so I began to accelerate while making sure the way was still clear. The Yukon stopped very suddenly and I hit the rear of the Yukon. It appears my bumper went under the Yukon bumper and I sustained major damage to my 2008 Honda Pilot. My air bag did not deploy and I was told by the wrecker driver that this was because the sensor in the bumper was not activated. My hand was broken and I received some injury to my neck and chest. It appears that either the air bag failed or there should be a better way to activate the air bag. I can submit picture if desired.

- Helotes, TX, USA