2009 Honda Pilot accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Pilot:

2009 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Aug 262014

Headrests (head restraints) in all the new cars I have sat in are extremely uncomfortable. I am a 5'10" woman. The head restraints push my head and neck forward. I was advised to recline my seat, but this is not ergonomically correct for me and causes me hip and lower back pain. After spending years and much money getting my spine in good alignment I am not about to have it ruined by riding in my car. The car insurance companies might feel that they are covering their **** by having these new rules/restrictions, but I hope the health insurance companies catch on soon that they will be paying many more claims for chiropractic and osteopathic adjustments, X-rays and physical therapy. These head restraints are ridiculous and uncomfortable and therefore encourage people to remove the head restraint entirely, obviously negating and possible benefit to the driver or the car insurance companies.

- Corvallis, OR, USA

May 012009

2009 Honda Pilot - issue with power motor on driver and now passenger seat. Motor grinds, seat does not move with ease, occasionally seat feels like it's moving on the rails (when it shouldn't be). Honda states 'technicians are working on it'. problem was first reported over 18 months ago, Honda is aware of issue.

- Bear, DE, USA

Feb 102009

2009 Honda Pilot front seats are loose in the tracks... reported this issue to the dealer, was told they could not fix this problem.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 012008

2009 Honda Pilot, two months after I purchased the vehicle new, I went to buckle my grandchildren in the second seat, and the seat lifted off the frame. I am about to take it into basney Honda in mishawaka for the fourth time. I've asked the dealership what can we do to fix this problem permanently, we will have to look at it. I called Honda customer service, and was told that they cannot do anything, that the dealership will have to take care of it. Honda does have people that the dealership can call, to help them. I asked to talk with someone else(like a supervisor) and was told that I couldn't. this is a safety issue. I doesn't do any good to buckle them in when the seat if not attached to the frame.

- South Bend, IN, USA

Jun 012009

The contact owns a 2009 Honda Pilot. The contact stated that the driver's seat was falling off the track and squeaking. He was concerned that the seat would fail while driving and cause a crash. The manufacturer was notified and is currently working on a remedy. The failure and current mileages were less than 15,000. Updated 07/17/09 updated 07/21/09.

- Newport, RI, USA