2009 Honda Pilot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Pilot:

2009 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Sep 122014

Pilot 6-cyl

When raining water began to enter into the cab of my vehicle around the side curtain air bag.

- Sorrento , FL, USA

Jan 082014

I was driving and a car went around me on the road. It had just started freezing rain, and when she went around me she lost control of her car and hit the concrete wall on the right side of roadway, and I was on left lane, going about 40 mph and once she hit the wall it slung her right in front of me and I T-boned her. She was sent to hospital in ambulance, and my daughter and I went to hospital with my husband. Her car was totaled and mine had about $6K in damage mostly to front. My seat belt did not work and it showed my airbags went off which they did not.when I took my car in to get it fixed they informed me my airbags should have deployed, and it was not safe to drive my car, B/C they had malfunctioned and could go off at any time. I had my car fixed and a few days later I got a recall notice in mail about my airbags. Noted that my car is 5 years old, why am I just getting a notice after I had a wreck and they did not work.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Jan 012013

Pilot 4-cyl

Constant vibration at 60 mph or above. More prominent on the front side, at the steering wheel as well as the front seats. Does not go away with tire replacements, balancing and rotation and even 4 wheel alignment. Vibration frequency is such that it transmits to drivers' / passengers legs, spine and head, causing distracted and stressful driving conditions that can be a hazard to vehicle occupants and other vehicles on the road. Issue is specific to Honda Pilot and easily felt on any road or highway. Driving for more than 30 minutes caused us head and neck pain due to vibrations and stress induced due to vibrations.

- Santa Clara, CA, USA

Oct 092011

Pilot 6-cyl

When starting the vehicle the rear "hatch" door unlocks and partially opens.

- Duncan, OK, USA