2010 Honda Pilot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Pilot:

2010 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Sep 052016

I have a 2010 Honda Pilot with 81,000 miles. The vehicle was parked and running with the air conditioner turned on. The air compressor blew out spewing freon out of the hood. I have read similar complaints from Honda CRV and Honda Pilot owners.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA

Oct 142014

Pilot 6-cyl

My vehicle had been reposes breaking the bridge of peace. I live in a closed gated condominium, the tow company took break into the condominium. Took my car without notice, no notes left no telling the property manager. No telling the insite security service, the Honda financial repo department do not want to talk to me customer service just said to wait until they call me but every day is money for storage and they don't resolve the issue, I pay last September, they yold me that a letter was mailed to my house but they mistake my address from 1331 correct to 1313 so I wasn't aware. I make 5yrs of payment just need to do 5 more to finished my contract owe them now 2 month that I wasn't aware because I made payments online.they took my payment last month and never said a work.this is a fraud to stole my car that is worth $25,000.need help I buy it new from dealer at California 2009 currently register to me in miami Florida since 2013.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 192014

Pilot 6-cyl

Car windshield cracked without impact or visible trauma. A large crack appeared in the car windshield after car was parked in the sun. Crack starts to run from about 5 inches below the top of the windshield on the passenger side and then travels approximately 16 inches mostly straight down to the bottom of the windshield and then travels the entire width of the windshield to the bottom of the driver's side. Car was not being driven at the time of the incident. There are no visible chips, impact pits or any such indications that windshield was stuck by an object, stone, rock, etc. Along the entire length of the crack.

- Delaware, OH, USA

May 112012

There is a design flaw in the 2010 Honda Pilot in which the condenser in placed within a position that is vulnerable to contact from rocks, pebbles, and other road debris during normal driving conditions on paved roadways, and that Honda failed to design the vehicle either to withstand this impact or with a guard or grill that would protect the condenser despite the "clear vulnerability" of the condenser to this debris contact. On May 11, 2012, a pebble flew up from the roadway and entered the condenser therefore destroying it. Honda has admitted that this is a design flaw that was solved with their 2011 and 2012 models of the Honda Pilot.

- Clayton, NJ, USA