2010 Honda Pilot steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Pilot:

2010 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 122014

When braking steering shakes violently and I had both front brakes and rotors replace and had caliper check

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jul 022014

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Pilot. While making a right turn at an unknown speed, the vehicle made an abnormal sound and the steering wheel became loose. The dealer stated that the front compliance bushing fractured. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 55,056.

- Pikesville, MD, USA

Sep 052012

Pilot 6-cyl

Compliance bushing tore and leaks causing irregular tire wear and handling issues. Noticed from online forums this seems to be a common problem with these vehicles.

- York, PA, USA

Nov 142009

My vehicle is a 2010 Honda Pilot touring. The body of the steering wheel has a hole in the plastic casing on each side--I think to give access to a screw. These holes fall fairly close to where my fingers naturally lie while driving. Today, while driving on the highway, my index finger got entrapped in one of these holes at the first knuckle. This prevented me from steering. I pulled off the highway and managed to extricate my finger. However, this would have been very dangerous if I had been required to make any turns, and it can easily be fixed with a plastic plug. Admittedly, I shouldn't have stuck my finger in the hole--but if I can be that silly, so can other people.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA