4.4

2011 Honda Pilot body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Pilot:

2011 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jun 042012

Pilot Touring V6

Paint peeled off on front plastic bumper. About the size of a quarter.

- , Ocala, Florida, USA

Oct 062011

Pilot ES-RES

My new honda pilot has been in the shop 3 different times for paint issues. Now I just found another spot that is chipping.

- , Jacksonville, FL, USA

Aug 012011

Pilot Touring V6

I have had 2 2011 Honda Pilots. Both were dark gray (gunmetal or whatever it is called). The paint on both front doors on the trim is chipping off on both. I traded in my EX-L 2WD for the 4WD Touring to better tow my boat and didn't report the paint chipping on my EX-L. I also have someone at work who has the exact same problem on his 2011. When trading in my EX-L for the Touring, I looked at the trim and didn't notice anything. After they did the Simoniz stuff and I got it home, I noticed the paint chips, two on the driver side and one on the passenger side. It is more of an annoyance but still not happy that I have had 2 with the same problem. I noticed that prior to me posting this, there were only 2 other posts. But I know that there are more people having this problem.

- , Coats, NC, USA

Jul 012011

Pilot EX-L 3.5L V6

After a good wax in May, we noticed hundreds of small chips on the bottom of both back doors in front of the rear tires. We took it to the dealer who had the Honda rep look at it, they are going to repaint, but don't know why it's chipped so badly. Yeah, we had a bad winter but we don't live on gravel roads and I've never had a vehicle look so bad after 1 year. Also, the plastic trim on each side has a chip. Hard for me to believe both are from dings from other vehicle. I'm really concerned about the longevity of the paint and appearance of this vehicle.

- , Carmichaels, PA, USA

Dec 062010

Pilot LX V6

We are very unhappy with the finish on this vehicle. The paint is chipping on the side trims, and elsewhere. These are not scratches. If anything touches the vehicle, it is likely to get a paint chip, not just a smudge or scratch, but the paint is actually chipping off. This is not our first Honda. Our previous was a 2000 Odyssey and we never had finish problems like this. Whatever, Honda did to cheapen the finish is pitiful.

- , Floyds Knobs, IN, USA