2011 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Pilot:

2011 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 162013

Pilot

On April 16th 2013, I was driving my 2011 Honda Pilot on my street preparing to drive into my driveway, I slowed the vehicle down when I saw another vehicle behind me. I put my blinkers on informing other vehicle I was going to pull into my driveway. I waited for the other vehicle passed then proceeded to gently pressed on the gas, that's when the vehicle accelerated violently speeding onto my driveway. I immediately slammed down on the brakes but it instead of stopping the car accelerated even faster. The vehicle crashed into my house damaging the pillar wall structure next to my garage door. I tried putting the vehicle in park but it was jammed. When it finally allowed me to put it in park I put it in reverse and again it accelerated uncontrollably. I slammed down on the brakes but it wouldn't stop. The only way it stopped is when it crashed into the vehicle parked across the street. I had nightmares ever since. I had sent it to the Honda dealership and expressed my concern with the car and informed them that I no longer feel safe in this Honda Pilot and no longer want to drive my car. Honda had told me they didn't find anything wrong with the car. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. In the 20+ years of driving I've never experienced having a car accelerate. I truly believe Honda is covering up and trying to protect themselves from a law suit. They are capable of easily fixing the problem without reporting it. Who''s to question them or checked if they did their job correctly or if there was a problem with the throttle, brakes or engine? now no one will ever know the truth. I believe that the Honda Pilot 2011 is not a save car to drive and needs to be recalled and have an independent company examine it.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Oct 092010

Pilot

Wheel sensor wires on 2011 Honda Pilot are exposed and unprotected under the vehicle which when damaged, disable anti-lock braking system (ABS), vehicle stability assist (vsa), and the variable torque management (vtm-4) systems. Exposed wires are prone to be cut or damaged by road debris and hazards. Due to the wire being exposed, it was damaged and caused an out-of-pocket expense of approx. $266 to repair on a brand new vehicle with only 2,600 miles on it. This could have been easily avoided if the wire had been protected by a braided covering or metal tube. Wires should not be exposed within the undercarriage of a vehicle, especially ones that are responsible for safety features.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA