2014 Honda Pilot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Pilot:

2014 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 052016

This incident occurred on Feb. 5, 2016. Sudden unexpected acceleration. The car was pulling into a parking space at very slow speed with the right foot on the brake. The engine began to race and the car lurched forward. I was able to stop it by shifting into neutral and turning the engine off. Two very similar occurrences occurred with a 2012 Honda Pilot approximately two years ago. These were reported to the NHTSA.

- Westport, CT, USA

Aug 212015

2014 Pilot purchased new Dec 2013. At 14,000 miles these issues began in August and continue at present (Jan 2016) with 17,000 miles. These issues are present while driving & idling. Air conditioning system: Front unit will not cool properly on hot/humid days with temperatures between 65-90 despite dual controls set as low as 65. Checked at dealership and could not replicate, gauges placed at vents in cabin read correctly with control dial setting. Dealership advised they have had numerous complaints for this same issue and they tell owners to turn the numeric temp control dial as low as they possibly can turn it to cool properly. Not sure if this a manufacturing issue or not. Rear unit ac: Fan on highest and next to highest setting cuts in and out, not completely off, but noticeably cycles down then back to the full blowing power for that setting. Does not matter if setting is for all face, face/feet, etc. Does not happen with heat on, only ac. Dealership could not replicate. Asked by dealership to continue to watch and use and if continues to bring back in. Warranty expires on 2014 Pilot in Dec 2016.

- Conway, SC, USA

Aug 302014

I had put my car in park, it was still running, I reached in and turned the key off and the car immediately started to roll. I attempted to get in the car to brake, but was unable to do this and then was thrown away from the vvehicle, hitting my head on my rock driveway. There was a slight incline where I parked but when it started to roll it reached a steeper incline and rolled down my driveway and hit a tree which caused the damage. I had to have it towed to the dealership---where they found no reason for the runnaway issue"? I then called Honda and was treated badly, but they confessed that there was no way of testing for this issue. I found that in the past years there was a issue "runaway" vehicles------but they would not acknowlede this as a possible continuing problem?" if anyone has had this same problem, would like to know.

- Clovis, CA, USA

May 052014

When approaching a stop light, vehicle fails to stop, even with foot firmly on the brake. (as if the accelerator and brake were applied simultaneously) engine speed does not fall below approximately 2,000 RPM.

- Newark, CA, USA

Jul 132014

Pilot 6-cyl

I purchased a brand new Honda Pilot-navi 2014 on July 3 2014. 1 week after the purchase there was a major water leak inside the new 2014 vehicle!.. water was leaking inside from a big rain storm and I do have a video and pics to show you. The next day space coast Honda was called where I purchased the new 2014 to get fixed. The service director said that I opened the moonroof which is not true!. he then told me leave the vehicle at the dealership for a technician to look where the water was coming from. The Honda dealership offered me a loaner at there cost for the day. The same day the Honda was taken there I was called around 5 pm to come pick up the new Honda. The service director told me he replaced the windshield and headliner inside and took all the water out from the leaking rain storm!!.. I did not get a copy of the service record and was told I have 3 years or 36,000 miles warranty. 2 days later it was taken back for more repairs! the new 2014 was stalling out, engine hesitating, riding ruff, engine fan keeps running, drivers door light not working and pulling to the right!.. again the service director tried to fix the problem and failed!.. I have called american Honda motor Corp in California and told them the problems!. they told me go in my Honda Pilot handbook and fill out the form for Consumer Affairs!.. this new Honda has many issues and no 1 wants to help or take responsibility to give me a new 2014 Honda or refund. August 28 2014 it was taken to space coast Honda again for the water leak and stalling out!..

- Cocoa Beach, FL, USA