2015 Honda Pilot brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Pilot:

2015 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Apr 092015

Brake pedal has been spongy since new. Selling dealer say there is nothing wrong with vehicle. They did nothing. A deer ran out in front of me, I hit the brakes and pedal when down and I hit deer $4,100 damage to front end? if I pump brake pedal one time I have a solid pedal!

- Flat Rock, MI, USA

Jan 162015

Pilot 6-cyl

Bought new Honda Pilot 2015. Brakes are not safe. Braking while turning to driver side make sound and car won't stopping. It happened to me in parking lot as well as while driving on freeway exit. I drove many different cars during past 15 years but this is the one car where I feel so unsafe & unrelable while driving. Talked to technical people at Honda service station. Did a ride with them and able to replicate same issue. As per Honda service station its ABS system make that sound and prevent Pilot to stop. They said that the Honda Pilot is heavy car, so thats why it make that much sound and wont stop easy. This is not a safety measure. They don't have any resolution for this issue. I spend a big amount of money for me and my family safety and this seems like much worse then any old cars. I don't know who do I complaint and get my money back.

- Beaverton, OR, USA

Mar 212015

Pilot 6-cyl

While driving on the beltway on a light rainy day, I drove through a couple of inches of sheeted water, on the road way. The water was pushed up over the top of the vehicle in a solid sheet, that was heavy enough to completely obscure vision for at least 3 seconds. This happened once while accelerating onto this toll road and again a mile or so further down the road when I was traveling at freeway speed. Visibility was completely lost while traveling in a very light rain in non flood conditions at entry ramp speeds and then again when we were cruising at about 65 mph, down the toll road. The rain was so light that the wipers were on delay and did not activate during the incident. This is obviously a very serious design flaw for this vehicle. I've noticed in the ads for the 2016 model, that the configuration was changed. I've also seen the notice in the paper that Honda received a 70 million dollar fine for lying about how many people that have been injured and killed in their vehicles. I'm positive this is one of the reasons why. The brakes don't seem to be very reliable, either, getting firmer in cooler weather and grabbing and getting mushy around 70 degrees. They also pump up when backing up.

- Pasadena, TX, USA

Jan 012015

The contact owns a 2015 Honda Pilot. While attempting to stop the vehicle, the brakes malfunctioned. The brake pedal extended to the floorboard when the brake pedal was depressed and the stopping distance was extended. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the master brake cylinder was faulty. The master brake cylinder was replaced. The failure was remedied, but eventually recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer. No further information was available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,800.

- Hudson , NH, USA

Jan 082015

Pilot 6-cyl

When first apply the brakes the pedal is spongie if you pump once the pedal becomes firm like it should be!

- Flat Rock, MI, USA

Dec 032014

Pilot 6-cyl

Vehicle was put in park, passengers got off, driver tried to open trunk using side trunk button but it did not open. Driver went to trunk to open it manually but it still failed to open. Driver went in front to try opening the trunk again and that's when the car started rolling back. Gear was still in park but it rolled back. Driver tried to manage it since a baby was in the car. Car crashed after rolling 500 feet with a pole. Driver while trying to manage the car from outside, sustained a fracture to her tibia. No one else was injured but her. So in spite of putting the car in park, the car rolled back.

- Belle Mead, NJ, USA