2015 Honda Pilot electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Pilot:

2015 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Feb 192016

My center console (nav/ac/radio) turns off every 30 seconds in my 2015 Pilot with 8K miles. It starts with a loud "pop" sounds through the speakers, followed by the entire center console going black, and reseting. It happens regardless of the radio and/or air conditioning being on/off. Honda has told dealerships to disconnect the battery for 30-45 minutes, to let the system reset, but it does not work. This is effecting every 1012-2016 Honda Pilot & Honda Odyssey in the greater cincinnati area. Honda has done absolutely nothing to resolve the issue for consumers. This happens anytime the vehicle is turned on, including in motion. This has been ongoing for over a week, and Honda dealers have tried to do everything Honda instructs them to do to fix this, but nothing works. The 4 pictures below are screen shots from a video I took while documenting the problem. These are in order, and show screen going blank, followed by climate control lights, followed by radio/nav. This has been happening since 2/16, I reported it to Honda Friday 2.19.16.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Feb 162016

I have a 2015 Honda Pilot with navigation. The navigation system and radio have continuously rebooted on their own since Tuesday. Honda cororate refers me to the dealerships. The dealerships refuse to work on the car as they say it is a widespread issue and they hope it just resolves itself in a few days. The fix I was told to do didn't work. I am caught in the middle as are many others and no one knows what the problem is. The service manager refuses to look at the vehicle as he says it is a widespread issue so it has to be satellite problems and can't be a vehicle problem. I am scared to drive it. The reboot occurs whether driving or stationary. It turns out all lights and displays in the middle of the dash (radio, air indicators, time, navigation)

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Dec 012015

Pilot 6-cyl

2015 Honda Pilot. Consumer writes in regards to engine stalls while driving. The consumer stated the engine would generally stall while merging into traffic from a near stop. It seemed as though, the engine stopped for a few seconds and then re-started and surged forward. The problem was intermittent. The dealer informed the consumer, the issue was the computer controlling the variable valve timing and there was no current fix.

- Salem, OR, USA

Nov 222015

While cranking my 2015 Honda Pilot on 11/22/15 it did not want to start. I turned the key and let it go and it continued to try to start on its own. I turned the key back to off and took it out of the ignition. After the third try of starting my vehicle it finnally started. It was not extremely cold out ide the temperature was 51 degrees. This is my 3rd Pilot I have owne and never had this issue before. My vehicle only has16,500 miles on it. Could this be the sign of a bigger issue?

- Powdersprings, GA, USA