5.7

2015 Honda Pilot miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Pilot:

2015 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Jul 302016

Pilot

Known problem with aluminum air condensers installed directly behind the vehicle grill. Suit settled in 2012 on other models. Honda refuses to cover under general warranty claiming road damage. We say faulty design that they have known about for a long time.

- Springboro, OH, USA

Feb 162016

Pilot

I have a 2015 Honda Pilot with navigation. The navigation system and radio have continuously rebooted on their own since Tuesday. Honda cororate refers me to the dealerships. The dealerships refuse to work on the car as they say it is a widespread issue and they hope it just resolves itself in a few days. The fix I was told to do didn't work. I am caught in the middle as are many others and no one knows what the problem is. The service manager refuses to look at the vehicle as he says it is a widespread issue so it has to be satellite problems and can't be a vehicle problem. I am scared to drive it. The reboot occurs whether driving or stationary. It turns out all lights and displays in the middle of the dash (radio, air indicators, time, navigation)

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jan 302016

Pilot

While I was driving on I-5 South freeway, I heard an exploding sound on sunroof. I pulled over and saw the sunroof glass shattered. My car mileage is around 13,000 miles.

- Westminster, CA, USA

Nov 222015

Pilot

While cranking my 2015 Honda Pilot on 11/22/15 it did not want to start. I turned the key and let it go and it continued to try to start on its own. I turned the key back to off and took it out of the ignition. After the third try of starting my vehicle it finnally started. It was not extremely cold out ide the temperature was 51 degrees. This is my 3rd Pilot I have owne and never had this issue before. My vehicle only has16,500 miles on it. Could this be the sign of a bigger issue?

- Powdersprings, GA, USA

Jul 152015

Pilot

I have several issues with the 2015 Honda Pilot that I purchased in January 2015. The most recent one happened today July 15, 2015. (for some reason I could not populate the date field on the form.) as I was driving, the car lost all power. Even the steering would not respond, although I was able to pull over with great difficulty before it completely stopped. I restarted the car and was able to drive the block to home. I contacted the dealer and was told there were no appointments until Friday but to take it in under the express service, which I plan to do this afternoon. I did search the internet to see if other Honda Pilot owners have had a similar problem and found that indeed it has been a problem for other Honda Pilot owners. Additionally, on two different tires, I had to have repairs due to nails in the tire causing slow leaks. I previously owned a 2013 Honda Pilot, same model (touring) and had the same tire problems. This is the car I use for business so I will put my business address below. I am using my personal email address.

- Denver, CO, USA

Mar 212015

Pilot 6-cyl

While driving on the beltway on a light rainy day, I drove through a couple of inches of sheeted water, on the road way. The water was pushed up over the top of the vehicle in a solid sheet, that was heavy enough to completely obscure vision for at least 3 seconds. This happened once while accelerating onto this toll road and again a mile or so further down the road when I was traveling at freeway speed. Visibility was completely lost while traveling in a very light rain in non flood conditions at entry ramp speeds and then again when we were cruising at about 65 mph, down the toll road. The rain was so light that the wipers were on delay and did not activate during the incident. This is obviously a very serious design flaw for this vehicle. I've noticed in the ads for the 2016 model, that the configuration was changed. I've also seen the notice in the paper that Honda received a 70 million dollar fine for lying about how many people that have been injured and killed in their vehicles. I'm positive this is one of the reasons why. The brakes don't seem to be very reliable, either, getting firmer in cooler weather and grabbing and getting mushy around 70 degrees. They also pump up when backing up.

- Pasadena, TX, USA