9.1

2016 Honda Pilot steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Pilot:

2016 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Pilot

My car has a variety of dangerous behaviors in the driver assist functionalities that could either cause or fail to prevent an accident. I have only driven it 2,000 miles but observed these many times. I reported these to the dealer and was told the car was fine. Adaptive cruise control issues: - fails to detect vehicles in odd situations, such as a truck where the rear of the body protrudes out from the rear wheels, as if the radar is only at ground level, or if a vehicle is driving in my lane but one tire is in the other lane, or a wide load which occupies all of the adjacent lane and half of my lane, or a "bobtail" truck. - after an empty stretch, upon coming up to a slower car, rather than slow gradually by easing off the gas, the car will get very close to the car and then rapidly brake, causing drivers behind me to nearly rear-end me. Collision mitigation: - all of these trigger "brake" messages to be displayed, which is just 1 step before the brakes being auto-applied, which could cause me to be rear-ended. - false alarms while merging from lefthand onramps where a pending collision with the jersey barrier is detected - false alarms by the hills adjacent to the road when going around a sharp turn on back roads - false alarms when cresting a hill with a curve after the hill and it thinks an oncoming car will be hit, because it can't see the lane markings past the hill lane keep assist: - partially goes into exit ramps on its own if in the right lane, causing other drivers to think I am leaving the lane and start to merge themselves - is confused by lines of tar and will depart the lane on its own - often "fights" with the lane departure mitigation around corners - tries to prevent me from giving other vehicles some buffer when passing them, if they are wider or drifting toward me. - does not alert when it stops being able to detect the lines

- Gaithersburg, MD, USA