2016 Honda Pilot wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Pilot:

2016 Honda Pilot Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Pilot

I have the Honda AWD 2016 touring model with Z transmission. Since purchase, the vehicle will acceralte by itself when driving down the slope between 25 -30 miles per hour, the break will not stop the speeding, and actually will reduce the speed and it appears transmission will force the speed goes up against the break. During the drive, at this range, when accelarate, the vehicle will make a squik sound by the tire level, almost feel the tire is trying to catch up with the speed of transmission and won't turn as fast as it could and hence the squik sound, the vehicle is about 24 K miles and very challenging in driving this car. Need this to be replaced as the Z transmission recall is starting by other manufactures.. the worst is the speed of the car at drive down slope and could kill anyone due to it actually automatically start speeding even though my foot is on brake.

- Cary, NC, USA

Jan 032017

Pilot

I was driving in the rain at about 30 miles and hour towards a red light. I began to slow down with the brakes, but the car would not stop and skidded right through the red light. I also tried steering the car to the right, but the car would not steer right and kept skidding through the red light until it slightly hit the median and stopped. Luckily, no oncoming cars were coming or my car would have went right into them. The tires claim to be "all weather tires" which are Bridgestone dueler tires, 245/60R18. On other occasions in the rain, I have felt the car skid when tapping on the breaks while turning, but not to the extent of yesterday when I could have been in a terrible accident. I also read on line of another person reporting skidding while turning in the rain in a Honda Pilot. Something happens with this car in the rain that causes the brakes to not stop the car and instead skid as if it is on ice without control of the steering at the same time.

- Adamstown, MD, USA

Jun 092016

Pilot

Hi, I got a strange problem in my car as per the attached image. Thanks,

- Plainsboro, NJ, USA