8.0

1998 Honda Prelude body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Honda Prelude:

1998 Honda Prelude Owner Comments

Sep 092009

Prelude SH 2.2L

It's my fault, though I did the flip flop trunk conversion. I noticed that even after I un-did it the trunk never sat right and that's where the water came from. I say get a new gasket or check it's alignment.

- , Bay Area, CA, USA

Mar 312008

Prelude SH Dohc I4 2.2L / 132

Ok, so there is a gentleman already on here for the same vehicle with the same problem. Water under the rear seats and my passengers complaining of wet rear ends! It's bs cause I just got this car, dumped a heap load of money into it and now this crap?! The source of this wetness has also eluded me. I'm going to try to take it to a Honda dealership and hopefully that will solve the problem as I'm not the only one who has experienced this unfortunate event.

- , Colonie, NY, USA

Feb 132005

Prelude

We cannot find the source for the water that pools in both rear seat pans and rear seat foot wells. The rear seat foam soaks up the water, you sit down and get a wet rearend. Any items that absorb water, clothes, books etc are ruined. Looks like it's coming down from the behind the back seat, but that does not explain how the rear foot wells are filling up with water. Need help in determining where to look for bad body seals.

- , Scottsdale, AZ, USA