2001 Honda Prelude AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Prelude:

2001 Honda Prelude Owner Comments

Aug 152005

Prelude 4-cyl

While driving down the freeway last year, I heard a screeching noise under the hood of my 2001 Honda Prelude. About approximately 10 seconds later I heard something fall onto the street and very hot air began blowing out my air conditioner (which up until that point was blowing very cold air). It turns out that the air conditioner clutch pulley fell off my car and I have been told that this is a manufacturer defect by Honda. They seem not to care and thus refuse to fix it. I reside in Arizona where temperatures reach 110 plus in the summer. I have reported this problem to North american Honda in the hopes that some resolution could be resolved, but nothing has been done to correct. Air condition pulleys do not just fall off a vehicle!

- Glendale, AZ, USA