2001 Honda Prelude engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Prelude:

2001 Honda Prelude Owner Comments

Sep 092006

Prelude SH

I purchased the car in 2001, brand new, expecting a Honda to last for years. The car has been well maintained during the entire time I have owned the vehicle. (I have the receipts to prove it) About six months ago while performing an oil change I noticed only 2 quarts of oil was removed from the vehicle. I started keeping an eye on the oil level & it was consistently losing oil. The car was checked throughly for any leaks through the oil pan, drain plug, ect but nothing was found. My dad was driving behind my one day and saw oil come from the exhaust. This indicates a major engine problem that can only be resolved by REBUILDING the engine. A well-maintained Honda should have an engine that could last more than 80000 miles. I purchased the Honda because it was supposed to last and now I am faced with putting several grand into a vehicle or purchasing a new one. I am truly disappointed and may never buy another Honda after this.

- , Sandy, OR, USA