1.5

2006 Honda Ridgeline electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Ridgeline:

2006 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Jul 292009

Ridgeline

Leading event - I've driven my 2006 Honda Ridgeline without incident since I bought it in August 2005. Last week, one day my ac worked the next day my ac stopped blowing. The failure - I just had exactly the same problem others have had with my 2006 Honda Ridgeline rtl my ac went out on the 29th of July, 2009. The Honda dealer is telling me the blower motor connector, the connector of the ac harness was melted to the blower motor. Consequences - after reading about similar problems, I cant believe this isn't a major safety issue. Because the blower does not blow the defrost doesn't work and when its raining, the humidity builds up inside your vehicle and you can't see to drive. What was done - the parts are on a national critical back order (I wonder why) and the Honda parts person says it could be days, weeks or months before they fix it. I have to pre-pay for the part and winter may come before the part does. I guess I'm sweating this summer out. I'm waiting for my new blower estimated $129, new power transistor $87, new ac harness $49. Labor will be about 4 to five hours at $80 dollars and hour.

- Salem, VA, USA

Jul 202009

Ridgeline

Blower motor on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline melted created smoke so im sure there was a flame but very bad smell and lots of smoke. I do have old part but I have not replace it yet just don't use ac anymore but we really need it since I live in Texas and its end of July. Can smell burning as soon as its turned on.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 112009

Ridgeline

I own a 2006 Honda Ridgeline that just experienced a failure in the HVAC fan motor wiring harness. This is listed as a cause for at least 3 fires in this vehicle and I wanted to make sure I get it reported. My vehicle only shorted the system out with no failure but cost over $700 in repairs. I also own the same year Accord with the same motor.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jun 242009

Ridgeline

2006 Honda Ridgeline blower motor, ac wire harness fire electrical fire I have a 2006 Honda Ridgeline rtl, fully loaded w/ factory accessories only. Well driving with the A/C on, I smelled a burning smell and the A/C fan went off. I immediately turned off the ac. I troubleshoot the blower as per the service manual and found that the connector on the A/C harness to the blower motor, and the blower motor terminal were burnt and melted. Honda denies any knowledge of this issue, but tons of identical reports are showing up on Ridgeline forums.

- Littlerock, CA, USA

May 032009

Ridgeline

Dashboard led odometer flashes on and off and goes blank (led includes doors, odometer, tire monitoring. Item is off warranty.

- Eugene, OR, USA

Mar 152009

Ridgeline

Same as consumer complaint: ODI case number: 10251118 the maintenance minder display started blinking and then went blank at times. Dealer says to repair it requires replacing the entire instrument display at a cost of $575. Without the display you have no odometer and no door open or other indicators. I repaired the problem my self by taking the instrument panel out & disassembling it no easy task. You have to separate the pc board from the plastic housing, the done by removing instrument pointers and releasing the plastic catches holding the pc board. Once you done that you will find 4 pins coming from the display into a connector on the pc board you need to reset the connector (gently separate the display from the connector the re-insert repeat it a couple times to remove any oxidation. Then reassemble.

- Bridgman, MI, USA

Apr 042009

Ridgeline

This is my second problem, the first being a electrical system ( blower motor ) failure and under dash melting of wires on my 2006 Honda Ridgeline. The starter motor failed and stopped working without any warning. After attempting to start it a few times, I smelled smoke, when the aaa tow truck came, I tried to start again, he said to stop there is smoke coming from the starter. No dealership in northern ca carries these in stock because according to the parts department, " they never break down." My answer to that is, well mine did. They quoted $ $344 for parts and $ $280 labor ( which I thought was high). Has anyone else had a starter issue?

- San Ramon, CA, USA

Jan 152009

Ridgeline

Driving vehicle smelled smoke, pulled over parked, saw smoke and flames in passenger vent and passenger a pillar. Used fire extinguisher to put out fire. Fire department and police department arrived on scene and determined no additional flames however when key turned to on position flames reappeared. Car towed. Like complaint 10216065 filed 1/25/2008 and similar to complaint 10144782 filed 11/25/2005.

- Geneva, IL, USA

Nov 152008

Ridgeline

The maintenance minder display started blinking and then went blank at times. Dealer says to repair it requires replacing the entire instrument display at a cost of $575. Without the display you have no odometer and no door open or other indicators.

- Dover, DE, USA