2.2

2006 Honda Ridgeline steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Ridgeline:

2006 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Jul 182011

Ridgeline 6-cyl

The steering failed without warning on my Honda Ridgeline. I was driving straight down the highway and noticed my steering wheel was at a 45 degree angle. Steering was not very responsive. I was able to get off the highway safely, but could barely steer. I would turn the wheel but little would happen to the tires. I was towed to a repair shop. They confirmed there was no fluid leaks, no external damage. They replaced the rack. I called Honda and they offered nothing since the work was not at a Honda dealer. I still have the failed rack - I kept the broken part. Had I been driving during rush hour, I would have certainly crashed because I had so little control over my truck.

- San Francisco, CA, USA