2007 Honda Ridgeline seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Ridgeline:

2007 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Mar 012009

My 2007 Ridgeline failed to activate either the ABS or the vsa as I began skidding on the snow that was between the tire lanes. The drive lanes were clear pavement and at 64 mph in cruise control I changed lanes and the vehicle began 4 wheel skiing on the snow. I applied the brake and lost all control of my Ridgeline as the vehicle with all 4 wheels locked, skid over to the side of the road and became entangled with the snow bank. With all 4 wheels locked the vehicle slowed due to the depth of the snowbank. As it slowed the Ridgeline swung around sideways and slowly rolled on its side. At that point the side air bag curtain deployed. Scratching my eye ball and hitting my ear so hard I had to put my hand to my ear to see if it was still attached. Either the vsa or the ABS should have activated. And the drivers air bag should not have deployed due to the fact the vehicle was laying on the passenger side. Causing over $10,000 damage. After the repair I took the vehicle to my dealer and I was told there is nothing wrong with any of the systems. Nor were they concerned that this incident, under different circumstances could have easily ended in death.

- Connor , ME, USA