2007 Honda Ridgeline seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Ridgeline:

2007 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 212016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number; 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bailey, CO, USA

Aug 152016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. Getting the run around with hyannis Honda in Massachusetts. Ordered replacements back in July or August. Nothing has happened with the vehicle yet.

- South Yarmouth, MA, USA

Nov 072016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hadley, MA, USA

Apr 022016

Ridgeline

I received a takata recall notice for defective driver's and passenger air bags. I contacted my local dealer, ocean Honda, in April 2016 to get the air bags replaced and was advised of an alternate transportation option. The dealer informed me that I would not be provided an equivalent vehicle, but rather $35 per day which would allow me to cover the cost of a compact car. I explained I worked construction and needed my truck for my job. The dealer advised me to contact the number on my recall notice. I called the number on my recall notice and requested an alternate transportation equivalent to my Honda pickup on April 2, 2016 and case # 04574876 was opened. I was advised I would be contacted with a decision. I never was. From April 2016 to the present, I took my car to ocean Honda for routine service multiple times and requested the status of the takata recall. Each time I requested status, I was advised the parts were on back order. I took my car in a few weeks ago and very advised the parts were still on back order. I contacted Honda again today, November 2, 2016, to find out the status of my replacement parts and alternate transportation request and was advised the parts were available, but no decision was made on my alternate transportation request. It has been seven months since my initial request and I have been putting my own well being at risk driving an unsafe vehicle with no explanation as to why the parts have not been replaced or why Honda would not consider my special circumstances of alternate transportation. I believe american Honda has failed to remedy the defect in my vehicle and to accommodate my special alternate transportation request within a reasonable period of time (60 days from the date I first contacted my dealer for a repair appointment) and am; therefore, lodging a formal complaint to try to bring this matter to a close.

- Oxnard, CA, USA

Mar 152016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V344000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA

Apr 252016

Ridgeline

2007 Honda Ridgeline. Consumer writes in regards to airbag recall repair issues.

- Troy, MT, USA

May 012016

Ridgeline

Takata recall: I was mailed a recall notice from Honda concerning my from air bag. I contacted fairfax Honda of Virginia in the spring to sign up for this recall. I have followed up several times. I have not been able to make any progress. I have been repeatedly told the part is on order. Please help make Honda and the dealer take action to resolve this.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Mar 022015

Ridgeline

Safety recall due to propellant wafers in airbags. Over the past six months I have scheduled appointments to have my vehicles airbags replaced. The last appointment was on 08-15-2016 at 10:00 a.M. at the buena park Honda 6411 beach blvd buena park ca 90621 confirmation code X046xd29xp despite going to multiple Honda dealerships and making multiple appointments I am constantly told that I have to come back as they do not have the parts. I never receive a follow up call or am able to get Honda to correct their defective airbags which can potentially endanger my life and the lives of my passengers. Should anything happen I will hold Honda accountable legally as I have made numerous attempts to have my vehicle fixed with Honda dealerships. Please assist me in getting Honda to correct their defective airbags.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Sep 302006

Ridgeline

Takata recall: I have received two dated letters from Honda. I have called the dealer a number of times to have the air bags replaced. I would like Honda to replace the air bags as soon as possible

- Eustis, FL, USA

Feb 032016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Newark, NJ, USA

Mar 012016

Ridgeline 4WD 6-cyl

2007 Honda Ridgeline. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver side and front passenger side airbag inflator recall notices.

- Huntsville, TX, USA

Jun 132016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V384000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 11/17/16 updated 11/17/16.

- Anderson, SC, USA

Mar 282016

Ridgeline

Takata recall our 2007 Ridgeline VIN 2hjyk16307H42849 was recalled on March 28, 2016 for the faulty takata driver's side airbag and recalled in July, 2016 for the faulty takata front passenger's side airbag. We contacted our local Honda dealer, prescott Honda, 3291 willow creek road, prescott, Arizona 86301, 928-778-5500 on March 28; March 29; July 11; and September 7, 2016 requesting repairs. We have been repeatedly told that the parts for the driver's side airbag are not yet in. (the parts for the front passenger's side airbag repair came in July--but we cannot safely drive the vehicle as the driver is still at risk with the faulty airbag! therefore we are waiting so we can get both airbags fixed at the same time.) it has now been over 155 days since we first received notice of the driver's airbag recall. We are without the use of our truck during this time. While a rental vehicle was offered (only after I inquired), the two vehicles offered do not meet our vehicle needs of a truck. We just want our airbags repaired! now! enough waiting!

- Prescott, AZ, USA

Jan 142016

Ridgeline

Have been waiting for over 1 year and per last letter dated July 2016 now states some 60 days have passes and no dealer has contacted me there for Honda & this web site and all others involved have failed in this safety recall fiasco, I am seeking legal assistance asap as I know this action herein will not be addressed or taken with a nay concerns or action relating to air bag replacement!!!

- Aloha, OR, USA

Feb 032016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/30/16

- Prospect Park, PA, USA

Mar 222016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Aug 192016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kennewick, WA, USA

Mar 012016

Ridgeline

"takata recall" I have received two letters from Honda about the airbag recalls, one dated March 2016 for driver airbag recall and one dated July 2016 for passenger airbag recall. To date, nothing has been replaced, much to my dismay. I keep checking with Honda of ocala (Florida) and they keep telling me they can't get the parts. Since this is so very dangerous, why can't this be corrected" it has been over 5 months since I received the first letter of recall and almost two months since I received the second letter of recall. What is the problem? I keep reading about the dangers of not getting these replaced and it is very scary. When will this be taken care of in my vehicle.......can you deliver me an answer"

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Ridgeline

Takata recall-sean haarberg: Hi marina- my 2007 Honda Ridgeline has a recall for the tanaka airbag. I have contacted Honda numnerous times about when I can be fixed and if they can provide a rental in the meantime. They often hang up on me and if chatting they terminate it or say that someone will call me, which they never do. I contact the Honda corporate office and the same results occurred, which is nothing. This is the only car my wife and I have that can shuttle our 2 year old to and from daycare and the vehicle is unsafe and Honda will do nothing about it.

- Orange, CA, USA

Aug 122016

Ridgeline

Takata recall- Honda has acknowledged that both my driver's side and passenger side air bags are affected. The autopark Honda in cary, nc is refusing to provide me with an alternative vehicle when according to american Honda I am entitled to one since it is driver's side air bag

- Holly Springs, NC, USA