7.1

2008 Honda Ridgeline seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Ridgeline:

2008 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Mar 012016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Westmont, IL, USA

Oct 262016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue and stated that they were unsure of when a second notice for the recalls would be provided. Parts distribution disconnect and VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Eddyville, KY, USA

Oct 222016

Ridgeline

Takata recall - received a recall notice for the driver side airbag in March 2016 (16V-061) and then a passenger side airbag in July 2016 (16V-344). In July, I requested the dealer put me on a list to address the recall. Three months later, and my dealership still does not have the parts to fix the airbag inflator issue. Furthermore, the dealer stated that Honda was no longer providing an alternative form of transportation while waiting for the parts.

- Nassau, NY, USA

Oct 212016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect and VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- White House, TN, USA

May 232016

Ridgeline

Takata recall--no incident has occurred yet. I am still waiting, since May 2016 for relief, unable to use the passenger front seat of my vehicle. I am tired of waiting, and of being unable to use my vehicle as I need to. Please help me get this fixed, or a vehicle I can use while I wait. This is affecting my business drastically, as well as my family, as I need to carry passengers during the majority of my driving. This issue involves the NHTSA recall 16V-344.

- Midlothian, VA, USA

Oct 032016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect and VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Mar 022016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Westminster, CO, USA

Sep 012016

Ridgeline 4WD 6-cyl

2008 Honda Ridgeline. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver side or passenger side airbag inflator recall notice.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Apr 232016

Ridgeline

Takata recall have contacted dealer 4 times since 4/25/16 and still no action. Last call on 8/2/16 was told they did not know when they would get the air bags.

- Forest, VA, USA

Mar 162016

Ridgeline 6-cyl

Regarding: Takata recall ! I have received three notices, one in February 2016, one in March 2016 and one in July 2016. The first two notices were informing of the recalls for the Honda that are affected by these air bags. The third notified me that the air bag replacement would be available summer/fall of 2016. They also state, red letters!, that a passenger should not be in this vehicle until the air bag problem is fixed. The letters also state that if this air bag recall is not addressed and repaired in 60 days from the notice, I may file a complaint. Well, here is my complaint!! now, I ask and need to know, that this air bag problem will be fixed immediately. Please advise what I need to do to remedy it. One, I cannot afford not to use my vehicle, passengers or no passengers. Two, I do not feel safe in this vehicle now, whereas in the past I did before knowing this about the air bags and now it is dragging out. I need this fixed as soon as possible. Would you feel safe in a recalled vehicle, waiting for the worst to happen"?? and knowing that if the worst were to happen, it could have been avoided if it was addressed in a timely manner??" and worst yet, if an accident were to occur that otherwise one would walk away from, but instead was severely injured or killed because of this air bag problem, how can the this be allowed to happen because of the powers-that-be in this recall are dragging this thing out. Fix it!! thank you for reading my note.

- Red Lion, PA, USA

Mar 152016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. Numerous calls to the dealer over a 6 month period. No service appointment scheduled (parts are always "unavailable" or "on back order"). since this is a product defect that can cause fatal injuries, the delay is not reasonable or acceptable.

- Hammondsport, NY, USA

Mar 022016

Ridgeline

"takata recall" I took my truck in on 3/2/2016 to local Honda dealership for routine maintenance and to have the takata recall taking care of on the drivers airbag. When the servicing was done the service adviser informed me that they did not have the airbag available and he would call once they got them, he said about a week. So I gave them till 4/11/2016 then I called the service adviser back he informed me to give them another week and call back. On 4/19/2016 I call back and spoke to another adviser and he informed me that they did not have them and to call back in 2 weeks. 5/4/2016 I call back and spoke with the first adviser I did business with on 3/2/2016 he told me they still did not have them and he would call me when they came in. On 7/19/2016 I decided to call them back since I had not heard from anyone and spoke to a third adviser which he in turn transferred me back to the original adviser and upon talking with him he said he didn't know if they had came in and I informed him I had received a second recall for the passenger side airbag. He said he would check and call me back. Today is 8/11/2016 I have till yet to hear from the adviser or anyone else.

- Hernando, MS, USA

Aug 062016

Ridgeline

"takata recall" I had scheduled an appointment with bob howard Honda, edmond Oklahoma to get the faulty passenger side airbag replaced, I had called them almost two months ago and back then, gary millican ( service rep ) had promised me that I would be provided a loaner or rental car reimbursement. After that conversation, I was assuming that a part would have been ordered specifically for my vehicle. I have tried to minimize anyone sitting in the passenger side ever since the recall notice was received in the mail. After I had initiated the request, the accountability was squarely with bob howard Honda to get back to me after the part was received. That never happened. Last week, I set up an appointment with them specifically stating that the I would be bringing in my vehicle on Saturday, August 6, 2016 to replace the airbag. I got a appointment confirmation as well as a reminder. When I went in, the service advisor, logan told me that the part wasn't in stock and he will have to order it. When I asked him that if I could get a loaner or a rental reimbursement ( my primary concern was that my wife is 4 months pregnant and I wanted to reduce any chance of the faulty part causing harm to her as well as the unborn child ). but I was told that Honda policy is not to provide either as it just affected the passenger side. I would have no other option but to seek legal help in this total lack of seriousness on Honda's part. When a vehicle is sold, it isn't sold as a means of transportation just for one person ( the driver ). if its undriveable with a passenger, it should be deemed undriveable. Honda cannot shirk away from the responsibility of compensating customers for alternative methods of transportation when their initial contract of providing a safe vehicle wasn't adhered to.

- Edmond, OK, USA

Feb 012016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Jul 302016

Ridgeline

Takata recall I received a letter dated March 2016 for the recall on the airbag. According to the letter, parts were going to be available in summer 2016. I checked with the dealer today 7/30/2016 and the dealer told me hey would have to order the parts. It will be another 4-5 months for the parts. I am continuing to drive the vehicle hoping I do not get in an crash where the airbag is deployed. Why is Honda sending out letters stating summer of 2016 for parts and the dealer is saying 4-5 months before we get the parts. No help from the dealer at all on this.

- Riverview, MI, USA

Mar 072016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V344000 (air bags) and 16V061000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Medford, NJ, USA

Mar 122016

Ridgeline

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V344000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pennbrooke, FL, USA

Apr 012016

- Edison, NJ, USA

Jul 182016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Tacoma, WA, USA

Mar 012016

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Ridgeline. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V061000 (air bags) and 16V344000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wright City, MO, USA