2010 Honda Ridgeline engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Ridgeline:

2010 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Nov 102015

Ridgeline

While driving downtown at 4:30pm I was slowing to a stop light. The engine all of a sudden sped up throwing the vehicle forward. I continued to keep the brake on, but the vehicle kept pushing forward. I got to the stop light, just missing the pedestrian, put the vehicle in park, and the engine started racing and my husband told me to turn the vehicle off. We turned the vehicle back on but the engine started racing again so I turned it back off. I pumped the gas and started the vehicle again with no further problems for the rest of the night. The vehicle has 121634 miles on it.

- Medical Lake, WA, USA

Oct 252012

Ridgeline 6-cyl

I am reporting unwanted, excessive acceleration for my 2010 Honda Ridgeline. After turning into a parking lot, I was easing into my desired parking space and, since there was a slight incline, I lightly pressed the accelerator to inch further into the space. All of a sudden, to my surprise and without an opportunity to react, the truck accelerated greatly, propelling itself over a 5 inch curb, past two feet of space, and through the wall of a building. The force of the sudden impact was so great that the driver's side airbag deployed, the hood was bent and the front bumper was damaged - also punching a 3 foot wide hole into the side of the building, exposing its interior.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Apr 032010

Ridgeline

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Ridgeline. While traveling at speeds of 5 mph, the contact depressed the accelerator pedal but the vehicle would not respond. The failure corrected itself within minutes. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but the dealer was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. There were no prior warnings. The failure mileage was 6,000 and the current mileage was 8,000.

- Holden, LA, USA