2013 Honda Ridgeline fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Ridgeline:

2013 Honda Ridgeline Owner Comments

Apr 092013

Ridgeline 4WD

When starting in motion after a stop for a traffic signal, or making a slow turn the power from the engine stops. I am a left foot brake, touching the brake pedal to control speed in traffic to avoid a stop and go rear end collision situation following other cars, the engine power stops. Pressing on the gas pedal to increase power does not work, but having pressed the gas pedal and removing my foot from the brake pedal causes rapid acceleration. Often making a left turn into a drive I will touch the brake to control the transition speed from the street to entrance drive of a shopping center. The loss of power leaves me in a position of being hit by traffic in the travel lane. Please do not say left foot braking is dangerous, a quick search will show that right foot brake mistake the gas for the brake far more often than a left foot brake will mistake the clutch pedal for the brake. I have been tolerating this situation since I purchased the vehicle. The dealer where I purchased the Ridgeline basically says "it is your fault for left foot braking" I have driven many vehicles in my life and have never run into this situation.

- New Port Richey , FL, USA