5.8

2003 Honda S2000 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda S2000:

2003 Honda S2000 Owner Comments

Nov 122003

S2000 4-cyl

Engine began knocking while driving normally. 14741 miles on car.oil level was full and had ~1600 miles on oil and filter change. Had vehicle towed to dealer. Warranty denied by Honda. Engine replaced at my expense.

- Luling, LA, USA

Jun 072004

S2000 4-cyl

Check engine light came on in my case. I immediately took the car to my local Honda dealer since it is still under warranty. They said it was a computer glich and they reset the computer. A week later on a trip to Texas the light returned. We took the car again to the closest Honda dealer in Texas. They checked car and replaced spark plugs and wires. The light stayed! they then said that cylinder 2 failed and needed replacement. They said it would take several days! they told us to drive the vehicle back home to Oklahoma and then take it to our Honda dealer. We did and now the local Honda dealer says that the engine needs cylinder 2 replaced! they say it isn't covered under warranty because we revived the rmps to high. We did no such thing and they want $1700 to fix the engine because of failure. We will soon be filing suit and contacting the BBB since they will not recognize the warranty! I have read and several hundred people have had the same problem.

- Tulsa, OK, USA