2005 Honda S2000 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Honda S2000:

2005 Honda S2000 Owner Comments

Aug 282009

I purchased a new 2005 Honda S2000 in August of 2005. I drove the car summers until August 2009 accumulating 13,700 miles. The car was serviced exclusively at porter Honda in cambridge, Massachusetts. On August 28, 2009 the vehicle caught fire as I was driving it near my home in watertown, Massachusetts. Flames escaped from under the hood of the car and the passenger cabin filled with black smoke. I pulled over to the side of the road and escaped the vehicle. The fire department and police department arrived, extinguished the fire and filed a report of the incident. I applied to porter Honda for assistance. I was told they had no responsibility for fire which was not covered under warranty. I then applied to Honda motor company in America and Japan. I was told that since no cause of the fire had been determined, they had no responsibility for the fire and refused any compensation. Honda manufactures cars with a potentially deadly defect and refuses to acknowledge it.

- Watertown, MA, USA