NHTSA — Seats Problems

1.7

2003 Hummer H2 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Hummer H2:

2003 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Feb 132015

H2 8-cyl

I went to crank up my Hummer to warm it up due to the very cold weather once I cranked the Hummer I immediately smelled a very strong burning odor. It begin to smoke and my husband yelled it your truck and I looked and saw the smoke getting worse and thicker. I unhooked my infant son's car seat belt and took him out of the vehicle. I ran to the building we were leaving to call 911 because of the smoke while on the phone with the 911 dispatcher I saw the fire start inside the truck on the steering wheel and dashboard it then it immediately spread and burned the entire inside of the truck where it is not recognizable. The fire department came and sprayed water on it to put out the fire there were blue and red sparks shooting out of the truck. The sparks and fire started in the steering wheel area which showed there was an electrical issue that caused this fire. I checked other recalls and noticed that the issue I speak of was recalled inside of the 2006 H2 Hummer.

- Durham, NC, USA