Windshield Wiper Motor On Unintentionally

1. replace motor (1 reports)
2004 Hummer H2 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hummer H2:

2004 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Jan 012015

H2 6.6L

I have a 2004 Hummer and one day the wiper motor turned on all by itself and started spraying washer fluid and I could not stop it . I stated to smell a "Burning wire smell" so I pulled over and pulled the fuse on the fuse box controlling the wipers in fear they may be a fire starting. When I called Hummer they told me that problem only occurs on the 2003 H-2 and it is not covered or reported on the 2004 H-2 . When I went to a dealer they told me that this is the same problem they had seen ( and replaced under a re-call on the 2003 H-2 ) . They then gave me an estimate of $550.00 to fix the problem and I refused the service . When I called Hummer back they told me there is nothing they would do for me .

I was also told by the dealer that Hummer used many parts from the 2003 Hummer on the 2004 Hummer and most likely this wiper motor was one of the defective wiper motors left over and used from the 2003 production .

- , Oakland Park, FL, USA