NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2.6

2004 Hummer H2 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Hummer H2:

2004 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Oct 172014

H2 8-cyl

I was pulling out of my driveway in my Hummer H2 when the brake pedal went to the floor. I got out of my H2 and noticed a large amount of brake fluid running out from under the rear end near the left rear wheel. I looked under the vehicle and noticed a brake line was rusted in two. I checked under the hood and saw that the brake fluid reservoir was completely empty.

- Hyden, KY, USA

Jan 112014

H2 8-cyl

I was traveling on NJ turnpike when my brakes didn't feel right. Almost no brakes stepping to floor. Then brake failure light came on. This is a garage kept vehicle with approx 14000 original miles. Appears brake lines are corroded. One owner. How could this happen. Is there a recall how can I obtain details for full recovery or reimbursement?

- Oak Ridge, NJ, USA

Aug 142013

H2

The contact owns a 2004 Hummer H2. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the brake pedal failed to respond when depressed repeatedly. The vehicle was driven uphill in combination of the emergency brake being engaged in an attempt to stop the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where the brake power booster was replaced. In addition, the master cylinder and brake lines were replaced at different times. The manufacturer was notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 71,000.

- Whitman, MA, USA