NHTSA — Suspension: Rear Problems

2005 Hummer H2 suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hummer H2:

2005 Hummer H2 Owner Comments

Nov 112009

I started my vehicle 4 days ago and the speedometer and gauges were frozen and did not operate at all. I drove to the store and the gauge remained at 0 the entire time. When you accelerate the speedometer does not move from 0 mph. I turned the vehicle off and turned it back on and there was no change. Yesterday when I started the vehicle the gauge would only move between 30-50 mph. Today when I started the vehicle it is frozen at 120 mph and the khm(?) does not move past 1.when I accelerate neither of the two gauges are functioning. I have yet to repair it bc it has happened just a few days ago but I was told that I am looking at a very large repair cost to replace the entire dashboard cluster. The same thing happened in my 2003 model and I sold the vehicle. As well the rear suspension is lowering on its own to the lowest position and does not go back to the normal height. I have to push the button on the interior. When I return to the vehicle the following morning the rear suspension has dropped down again.

- Sterling, VA, USA