NHTSA — Electronic Stability Control Problems

2.3

2007 Hummer H3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hummer H3:

2007 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Feb 252016

H3

Bought 2007 Hummer H3 at the end of February as is in Chicago at net motor cars addison Illinois for 14000 and drove it home 150 miles away and was told by dealer to take it in to GM dealer and have my ABS system flashed by them and all warning lights will go away GM poages had my car for two weeks cost 560 dollars to repair then a day later check engine light came on took it to a shop and they said if GM had it checking for codes they should have seen the wire if they had it on machine looking for codes because that wire had to be in place to read the codes so he told me to take it back to them to repair it for free. I told him no for him to go ahead and fix it for a hundred because if I take it back to GM poage what other trick do they have up there sleve if they fix it. So he did and it showed multiple misfires and a steady misfire on cylinder 5 told them to fix it costing $1929.90 car has been in two different shops two weeks at the GM dealer poage auto mall in Decatur Illinois very disappointed on there behavior of being shady if they had it hooked up for two weeks on a code reader why didn't they see misfires. Will never do business with them ever they lost a 2000 dollar job and my future services like changing oil ect. This is bad business. Getting my car this week from South shores audo which will have my business in the future. GM or at least Decatur poages auto mall should be investigated by trying to screw over a woman and who else they can they pulled wire so I would bring back to get radio replaced as I was because I only had so much money to replace I think when I was going to bring back in for a refurbished trade in radio they were going to install it then hook wire back up and surprise me with the misfires and a probably 3000 dollar job. Also South shores auto told me nothing wrong with radio

- Decatur, IL, USA

Nov 122014

H3

First the entire computer system stopped working. Had to replace thr PCM. Then my blower started throwing hot air when on cold. Had to install separate to resolve that issue. Had to re-build the transmission twice due to leak of coolant into the transmission. This truck has been a nightmare so far.

- Richmond, TX, USA

Jun 012014

H3

After reading all if these complaints I decided to write mine. Probably about a little over a year ago the first thing that started was my tpm sensor would come on and then go off I took it to the tire store and they said this could be going bad ok well then it stopped, next I got into my vehicle from grocery shopping and my car would not start in the hot summer in my vehicle ( thank god my 2 young kids weren't with me) after several attempts it finally started, this happens a lot more then once until one day when it was freezing cold outside in wonderful Wyoming my key would not come out of the ignition, I had to unplug my battery until I could take it to the shop ! then after I get my car back a few days later my blower to my heater quit working for a few minutes and then I smelled a burning smell, I called the repair shop again to take it back and there was a charred wire and they had to replace what was being recalled.( I received the 1st letter about 6 months later), which I still haven't received a 2nd letter! now I'm starting to have a issue of my car dying when I'm slowing down to stop at a stop sign or to turn!!! I happened to get on her and read all the complaints and nothing has been done!!! I have 2 small children and this is absolutely disturbing, I am really regretting not getting rid of this vehicle last year!! I beg that you all please look into these, before someone dies or anything else!! ( it shouldn't even get to that point). I had about 70,000 miles when this all started and noe I have 84,999. My mph was 0-30 !!!

- Casper, WY, USA

Nov 142015

H3

Went out to start Hummer would not start it turns over but will not start waited a few minutes and it started up with no issue so decided to go ahead about my day driving on the freeway and the truck cuts off while driving on the free way I was terrified was close to an exit got off and restarted the car no issues this has happened to many times and is dangerous I have children and this needs to be looked into do not know if it is the ignition or the alarm system sending the wrong signal please help I'm to the point of going to find a new vehicle because I D not feel the Hummer is safe please help before something bad happens please

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Apr 102015

H3

I've had electrical concerning the factory and after market alarm system that the dealer influenced me to buy. I've had some sort of short causing to have it towed to dealer several times, I never got a complete understanding or reasoning for the problem. Now my air condition blower stopped working and I was not informed of the recall for my car from the manufacturer or the dealer. After contacting dealer that I bought the car from was informed that there wasn't a fix for the problem

- Lake Jackson, TX, USA

Jun 012014

H3

Hummer H3 has passlock security problem when driving. When I drive the Hummer at any speed my Hummer locks out and activates the security lock and looses power for 10 seconds and gains power again or looses power completely forcing me to pull over and turn my car back on.

- Hinckley, OH, USA

Sep 052008

H3

"stab track system failure" comes on when driving, which makes the car lose power and speed in the middle of traffic. This has happened 4 times in about 6 weeks. Dealer claims they have fixed it 4 times, now they admit they don't know what is wrong with the vehicle and unable to fix.

- Wells, ME, USA