NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2007 Hummer H3 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Hummer H3:

2007 Hummer H3 Owner Comments

Nov 062016

H3

Several times, while parked, the passlock security system will randomly disables the engine from starting. After waiting 10 minutes the system will allow the vehicle to start. This makes starting the vehicle in an emergency very unreliable and dangerous.

- Trabuco Canyon, CA, USA

Aug 292016

H3

On several occasions I have noticed steady water drops dripping onto front passenger floor. I have taken it to the dealers and they "performed water test" with negative results. I decided to look at my vehicle in the rain and noticed that there was a steady stream of water seen flowing down my windshield on the right side. I raised the hood and saw that rain was flowing around and down into the air intake cover. I could actually see the rain flowing down there and then dripping from under my glove box area onto the floor. There is a lot of visible electrical stuff going on under there and this bothers me more than the wet damp odor that is now coming from my floor because it has been continuously wet over the past several weeks due to rain.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

May 042016

H3

I have owned my Hummer H3 for approximately 8 years and during the last 4 to 5 years I have experienced a repetitive issue with the vehicle not starting and then after waiting 10 minutes and it starts with no issues. This of course has been happening more frequently now, becoming more and more of an annoyance/inconvenience. I have communicated this to GM and their answer is that it is not a recall and they sound somewhat surprised with the issue as if they are hearing it for the first time. I have gone online and have witnessed the numerous complaints from other Hummer customers. Some have spent thousands of dollars to achieve temporary or no resolution to this problem. I am hoping that my testimony to this issue will further corroborate/justify other complains already filed for the same problem and influence a corrective action response "recall" from GM.

- Fall River, MA, USA

Aug 222014

H3

I keep getting a code that states that my truck runs with a low engine temperature. Plus my truck has had a leak from some where around the lower windshield that is causing electrical problems and soaking wet floors! we had a mechanic look for the leak and try to fix this issue but was unable to find the problem and we were also told by a few dealership that they have seen a lot of H3 Hummer with the same problem! also we are having issues that causes the traction signal to come on regularly and it causes my truck to lock up. It has almost caused us to wreck several times! it's very scary to drive my Hummer! every time we have any of these problems we are always in motion and it's always on the highway when we are driving at higher speeds. It never seems to happen while driving around town!! this has been continuing going on ever since we purchased this vehicle in August 2014

- Sulphur, LA, USA

Nov 142015

H3

Went out to start Hummer would not start it turns over but will not start waited a few minutes and it started up with no issue so decided to go ahead about my day driving on the freeway and the truck cuts off while driving on the free way I was terrified was close to an exit got off and restarted the car no issues this has happened to many times and is dangerous I have children and this needs to be looked into do not know if it is the ignition or the alarm system sending the wrong signal please help I'm to the point of going to find a new vehicle because I D not feel the Hummer is safe please help before something bad happens please

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Jul 032015

H3

3-4 months ago my A/C unit started making a loud noise with a burning smell when I would put my A/C switch on level 3 or 4. it would sound like if my A/C unit was going to blow up. The next day I received a recall letter from the Hummer company descriving the same symptoms my H3 A/C unit is having.I called the Hummer company and asked them how long is going to take for them to fix this problem they stated in a very rude manner that they will fix it when ever they get the part. This is the worst experience ever I. I asked them if it can take more than a year and they responded we do not know. I got very upset because its not fair that I spend a lot of my money to buy my H3 and if its a recall why they dont help me to fix my problem, I explain to them that the weather in Texas is very hot and I been without A/C since and they dont care. This is not fair please help me out. I dont even know what to do anymore, please advise. Help!!!!!!!!

- Dallas, TX, USA

Oct 022015

H3

Our 2007 H3 had cracked radiator with hose leaking coolant causing the overheating. We have never driven the vehicle off-roading and no warning light was displayed for this issue. Instead, we brought it in for a different issue with the fuel line and discovered the cracked radiator, which could have caused a bigger problem if it had gone undiscovered for longer period of time.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 262015

H3

Intermittently will crank but will not start. However, it will start after a 10 minute (no less) waiting period. This happens at various times of day, various outside temperatures, and with first morning starts or after driving and shutting down for any length of time. This is extremely inconvenient, to say the least, when it occurs while on time restraints or during an emergency situation (I.e. 10 minutes is too long to wait when trying to get to a hospital where a loved one/family member is clinging to life)

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 022015

H3

Engine check light came on for very short period of time then went out. About a week later it came on again. Went to Chevy dealer who ran a quick code check which indicated the number 5 cylinder was misfiring. The Chevy dealer indicated the engine/power train warrranty had expired and the problem could be from injectors, plugs, coil and valves. Initial computer check would cost $135. Vehicle is sitting in my garage awaiting money to get it checked.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

May 202012

H3 5-cyl

My vehicle has a very common issue with a faulty resistor/wiring harness on the blower motor. There is a safety recall for the same problem on other GM trucks & vehicles and the problem is widely known/reported on the internet. For some reason GM refuses to issue/fix this recall for the Hummer H3? the problem causes the wiring to get so hot to melt the insulation, which could cause a fire. I park my vehicle in an attached garage.

- Evansvile, IN, USA