2005 Hyundai Accent brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Hyundai Accent:

2005 Hyundai Accent Owner Comments

Sep 152010

I began having trouble taking my car out of the park position when I pushed the brake and one day I couldn't get it to come out at all. I called my local dealership and explained the problem and took it in to be check. They told me that it was a sensor that was bad and they needed to replace it and they also informed me that I didn't have any brake lights whenever I pushed them while driving. I was having trouble for about a month leading up to the day I couldn't get it out of park. I was able to used the shift lock override to force it out, but I still didn't have brake lights. It was fixed for about $150 including parts & labor. This was very scary though because I could have easily been rear ended since drives behind me didn't know I was braking.

- Martinez, CA, USA